Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Conversion U-joint # (yes, I searched)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigEasy, Jan 26, 2007.

1. BigEasy

BigEasy 1/2 ton status

I've got the Napa part number for the conversion joint when replacing a 10 bolt rear with a 14 bolt full floater. But I'm installing a 14 bolt semi float rear and I just need to make sure the 14ff and the 14sf use the same 1350 joint. Can anyone confirm this?

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yes. S44 to 1350.

John

3. bigblazer87

bigblazer87 1/2 ton status

You could just swap the 10b yoke into the 14SF...

4. BigEasy

BigEasy 1/2 ton status

I got it covered. Called a friend of mine that manages a Napa back east and he went through the books and confirmed everything. He suggested I order the PUJ 447's instead of the NUJ 447's, as they are supposedly better quality. I called 2 local Napas and both said they could not get the PUJ 447's. Another call to my friend revealed 5 of them in the Sacramento Napa warehouse and 3 in Fresno, plus he gave me the part # for the GM ball joint socket for the threaded sleeves. So once again I called the local store and told the yahoo working the counter what part #'s to order, and where he needs to order them from. I swear I think they send all the reject trainees over to the Napas local to me. These guys can't find their a$$ using both hands... :rolleyes: