Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

conversion u joint

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by monsterjim, Jun 6, 2004.

1. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

Im an idiot, I cant make the search work, I need to know the conversion u joint part number going from a stock driveline to a corp 14 on an 84 blazer. How do I find the parts lists anyway? Thanks guys.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Napa #447

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Was you truck a manual tranny originally? If so you probably won't need a conversion joint. It should be a 1350 just like the 14bff.

Harley

4. monsterjim

monsterjim 1/2 ton status

Yea I got the m465 and a 205 in it. My buddy borrowed my blazer and tore out the rear u joint, I'm at work and cant get to the parts store, so I was trying to find out real quick what the part # was, 447 sounds familiar to me now. But I had a new drive line made and can't remember if I did away with the coversion joint or not. I'll just have him pick them both up, thanks for the quick help.

5. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

If you need a Saginaw s44 x Spicer 1350 conversion joint I'd get a Carquest part# 2-1153. Carquest/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif joints are made in the USA not in Japan like the POS Napa /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif joints. If you had a manual tranny stock, you will already have a spicer 1350 driveshaft. The Carquest # for it is 2-0053 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would use nothing other than Neapco and Spicer. I have my old conversion joint box in front of me and the part number is neapco 2-1153.