Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Convert my 10bolt to a 8 lug

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trev1981, Feb 9, 2007.

1. trev1981

trev1981 Registered Member

How do i change my 10bolt to an 8 lug or should i just pull one out of a junkyard?

I'm looking for a 14 bolt for the rear.
    Should I just pull the front off the same truck?

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

You can switch axles; if you get them both from the same truck you get matching gear ratios (presumably), which could get you 4.10:1's cheaper/easier than regearing if you now have, say, 3.73:1's. This was my sitch.

Or you can swap the rotors, hubs and all the brake hardware and voila, have 8-lug. You can also steal parts from a D44, as they're the same from the spindles out, and if you get the right D44, might have flat-tops for crossover.

-- A

3. trev1981

trev1981 Registered Member

ya i might just grab both off the same truck, I could use some 4.10s. I have 3.08s i think.

I'm doing 1100rpms at 55mph on OD with 33s

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

You can put all new 8-lug parts on for about $250. Part numbers and sources here:
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175604

Alternately, you can use used parts but I've never found any in good condition around here.

If you can find a set on the same truck with a good ratio, then you're golden.