Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Convertible + Black Seats ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Apr 15, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm about ready to get my seats re-upholstered, and I've wanted to get them covered in some black material...
    Only thing is several people have been telling me that I won't like it because it will be too hot in the summer with the top off.

Anyone have a convertible with black seats???
    Is it really all that bad? Too hot in the sun?
    Should i consider going with a charcoal grey? I like to keep everything interior black.
    ?

2. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Ryan
    do you like 3rd degree burns on your butt? my seats are black vinyl cst and they get hot as the window rail does. i throw a towel over it. somedays it blows off . if not then its not to bad. black absorbs heat and lighter colors will reflect it. if you get black just dont get vinyl

nathan

3. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

You can have them as black as you want. Just get a fabric material instead of vinyl. Black cloth won't burn you like leather or vinyl would.
    Jim

4. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

5. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have black vinyl seats in my K5, yes they get a liitle hot, no hotter that the red seats in my other K5. Vinyl seats no matter what color they are (even white) they are going to get HOT!!! I used a Kit from LMC, I noticed they have a velor material, velor doesn`t get as hot!

6. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

When I was still able to drive my blazer, I used to put one of those windshield sunshades that had the spring steel frame over my seat. The elastic that holds it together when they fold up fit around the top of the seat to keep them in place

7. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

Just put a towel over the seats if you leave it in the sun. Otherwise go with the look you want. Just my 2cents.

Chris M

8. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

The Wet Okoles are super well made and you can get all black if you wish, or a 2 tone, or a "custom" insert - camo, Hawaiian design, etc. Great stuff...
    JB