Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

converting 1 ton dully 14bff to single wheel?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by texrbl, Jun 9, 2003.

1. texrbl

texrbl Registered Member

i have a 1ton dually out back with a 14bff what will i need and spend to convert it to single wheel?
    or do they make a wheel that will work?

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i think you should be able to just bolt a single wheel onto the hubs, i know you can do the opposite and bolt duallies onto a single wheel 14 bolt and even the old 47-72 eaton 3/4 and 1 ton axles, looks good on the 67-72 longfleet 3/4 tons when you do that the tires sit just about right in the tubs lips /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    wish you were closer, id kill to have a dually., even just the wheels alone..
    hard to find one ton anything at all, hardly see any ever cept 80s stuff sometimes

good luck

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

If you put normal wheels on it they would probably stick too far out. If you used unmodified hummer rims they would work great though, as many people choose to do this. Or you could get a whole new SRW axle. If do decide to get a new axle, lemme know and I'll take the dually one off your hands /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you put normal wheels on it they would probably stick too far out. If you used unmodified hummer rims they would work great though, as many people choose to do this. Or you could get a whole new SRW axle. If do decide to get a new axle, lemme know and I'll take the dually one off your hands /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The dually axle are actually narrower in the back.

It's the front that is wider when it's a dually truck.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The dually axle are actually narrower in the back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only when its a cab & chassis... the dually pickup is a D70 and is wider than the SRW. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    what will i need and spend to convert it to single wheel?

[/ QUOTE ]

Swapping on SRW hubs will yield the same width as the SRW... just leaves you without any workable combination of factory brakes - not a problem if you go rear disc.

6. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Swapping on SRW hubs will yield the same width as the SRW... just leaves you without any workable combination of factory brakes - not a problem if you go rear disc.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Is the reverse also true? If I put dually hubs on my SRW axle and use disk brakes, will it work? Thx