Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

converting 14b to 6 lug??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by smprider112, Jun 30, 2004.

1. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

is there anyway...shy of using those wheel adapters to convert a 14b FF to 6 lugs?? I looks like just the drum would need to be swapped out, but with what other drum? Dumb question but would the one off my 10B work?? I havent compared the 2 yet so if thats an obvious no, please dont yell /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif. The only reason I want 6 instead of 8 is my less then one month old wheels are 6 /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif anyways any help or info on this would be GREATLY appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Yes it can be done. The wheel hub on the 14bff must be machined down on a lathe so it will fit threw the hole on 6 lug rims and then the wheel stud holes must be drilled in the wheel hub and brake drum. Or at least that is what I think was needed to do it.

If you go this route it may be a convinient time to swap in disk brakes on the 14bff so you could use the stock chevy 1/2 ton sixlug rotors and not have to drill the brake drums.

Harley

3. smprider112

damn the first part sounds like alot of work...but I never thought of doing the rear disc conversion with 1/2T rotors...I may have to look into that, since it will be a better upgrade over drums. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Personally I'd use the adaptor. The'll line your rear tires up with the fronts. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. smprider112

[ QUOTE ]
    Personally I'd use the adaptor. The'll line your rear tires up with the fronts. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    They would have...if it was a truck 14bolt /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif but its outta a van so it will now be even wider with spacers....I guess since it sounds harder then I wanted I can just buy new rear wheels...they where only like 60 or so each...hey anybody need some chrome 15x10 wheels? rears only /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Both front and rear axles should have the same amount of lugs or you will have to have 2 spare tires or none.

<font color="green"> Later,

Allan Greenblazer </font>