Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Converting a 4speed to auto, need advice

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82K20, Apr 18, 2003.

1. 82K20

82K20 Newbie

I have a 1982 Chevy K20 that WAS a 4speed (SM465/NP208), I am putting in a 1990 TH700R4 and am looking at a transfer case to mate to it. I have an adapter that appears to have mated a TH350 to a NP203, will this work for my 700 to the 203? I would like to use the 205 but am just looking at building a general purpose/farm truck and need some cheap way out. I would also be interested in purchasing a T-case from someone here if the price is right. Thanks
    jimmy@hrtc.net

2. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

welcome to the addiction. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif before you know it, you will be screaming /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif to keep you off the page. but its great, so dont worry. be shure to fill out your profile, so we can know where you are from, and also so the not so nice people dont yell at you. as for your swap, why would you want to get rid of the manual? the 700-r4 blows, belive me, i have one. as far as t-case, i could not tell you a darn thing about adaptors, so i cant help you there. but if you really have your heart set on the auto, i might know a person who would want the manual, if you live near NW georgia. anyways, good luck and welcome again