Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Converting auto windows to manual...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by speedyvision917, Aug 25, 2004.

1. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

Is it possible? i just bought a new door and befor i switch all the auto window stuff over i wanted to no if it was possible to replace the auto windows with manual, i have door panels made for an 85chevy /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif , would those work? or would it be easier just to buy 2 used doors with manual windows?

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

door panels you can use if you dont care about minor detail, the hole for windows motor switch is in same palce as crank handle shaft,

77-up you can do this,

remove the reg assembly and motor and swap in a manual reg assembly,

all done other than wires harness removal, try to folllow the harness back into cab underdahs and unplug them so you dont have cut wires all over.
    or swap non power doors harness into cab from a donor truck 77-up with same options or not., like a./c or not, etc.

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

All the stuff is interchangable. That is to say the doors are the same. Just the guts that are different.

4. speedyvision917

would i be better off buyin all the parts outa lmc or trying to find some doors to either just put on in place or swap parts from what i here replacing the windows isnt to easy...or is it. i really dont like auto windows and mine are wicked slow, also when lookin for doors to replace mine which trucks can i use?

5. speedyvision917

anyone??? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

To change from electric to manual is easy , just swap in the manual crank reg.
    Go for it , you will laugh at how easy it is , I did it in my old 85 chev truck and in my 92 aerostar van
    BTW you don't even have to remove the wiring harness , just drop it into the bottom of the door
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif