Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Converting from auto-locks to manual locking hubs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fad2blk99, Nov 17, 2001.

1. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

What's involved in converting from automatic locking hubs to manual locking hubs. I just bought an '89 Jimmy and I'm gonna replace the front wheel bearings, ball-joints, tie-rod ends etc... Figured I might as well scrap the auto-locs as well. I'll be going with Warn's Premium Locking Hubs. Thanks!!

<font color=black> -Tommy
    <font color=red>"To secure peace is to prepare for war..."

2. bmwsma

bmwsma Registered Member

Tommy. I have a stock 10 bolt I may be selling in the next few weeks. It has Warn manual hubs, new bearings, ball-joints, calipers, rotors, pads, etc. I need to find a Dana 60 first, but when I do its for sale. I live in Doylestown, Pa. @ 4-5 hours from you. Let me know if your interested. Scott

3. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I may be interested if you can beat the price it'll cost me for all new stuff (bearings, ball-joints, hubs etc..) I'm not in big hurry though. I'm also gonna eventually upgrade to a D-60, but thats after I dump some cash into the motor.

<font color=black> -Tommy
    <font color=red>"To secure peace is to prepare for war..."

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

All you have to do is throw away your auto lockers and install the manuals. If your gonna attack the bearings and seals then you already know how to take them apart. Just get the new ones in hand and you will see what you need to keep and throw away. No mods will need to be done.

<font color=blue>It's easier to teach a child than to fix an adult.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/geltyone>Webshots Pics.</a>

5. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

OKAY, this might sound stupid, but are the hubs from a 10 bolt and a Dana 44 the same? I can find them for a Dana 44 and I have a 79' so I'm pretty sure it's a 10 bolt. I want manual hubs just need to know if I should order the ones for a Dana 44 or if there are actually 10 bolt hubs?

79' K5 Body Hurting But Runs Great!!

6. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

If I am not mistaking, the Warn hubs are for all 1/2 ton trucks. I know that instructions in the box addressed for 10 bolt and dana 44 and other hubs just make sure NOT to buy the conversion kit, unless you have FULL time 4 wheel. If I was you I would buy Warn Premiums, they have a lifetime warrany and I have been very happy with mine.

&lt;*)))&gt;&lt;

81" GMC Jimmy.............stock for now!

IT'S A DOG EAT DOG WORLD OUT THERE, AND I'M WEARING "MILK BONE" UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!