Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

converting from TBI to TPI

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by solowookie, Nov 29, 2002.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I've got a chance to get my hands on the following TPI parts; upper plenum, manifold, runners, fuel rails (needs front crossover tube), fuel pressure reg, and 22lb/hr injectors.

I'm curious if I can use my TBI harness / sensores (and computer) to convert to TPI.

2. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

3. solowookie

thanks for the links... I'm definitely looking through this stuff still.

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Get a 730 ECM and harness. It's easier and cleaner than trying to use the TBI harness.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

There is a company called Street &amp; Performance that sells an interceptor harness to convert TBI to TPI. You can reach them by phone at 501-394-5711 or e-mail at S-P@juno.com or check their web-site at www.tunedport.com. I hope this helps you. I have used their wiring harness for a TPI swap before and it was a nice clean factory style harness with all the correct GM connectors and color coded wire.

6. solowookie

actually I had just found their website stuff. does this mean I can use the TBI sensors??? is there any other sensors I would need then what the TBI comes with?

they have a pretty good price on converting the TBI harness with a new ECM &amp; custom chip.

I'm not even really looking for a TPI system for my blazer, but I'm looking for one for my hotrod project. I stumbled across this, and thought if I could convert my k5 maybe I'd get some better heads, and convert it to TPI.

what's a complete, but untested 305 TPI worth? what's the differences between the 305 &amp; the 350's? also - can a MAF system be make to work with a custom chip?