Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Converting Front Drums to Disc

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by conoverbandit, Feb 27, 2003.

1. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

I tried the search, but yeilded nothing.A friend of mine has a 69 C-10 chavy truck,it has the drums set up front rear.He would like to convert it to front disc's.What does he have to do to acomplish this set up?Thanks y'all,
    Conoverbandit

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

You go to the Junk yard and you buy a frame clip complete with the front suspension and steering box from any full size 2wd between 71and 87. The complete front suspension with the cross member is a bolt on. the reason to get the whole thing is to get the sway bar, proportioning valve, close ratio 2wd power steering box and front hard lines. I was going to do this conversion on my 70 burb but ended up selling it. On the rear you just swap out the axle shafts. The problem is GM screwed around with the axle widths. The master is the next problem. the masters and booster were unique to the 71-72. There are som universal fit master now that will fit but the booster is still a problem. Some have modified a 73 up booster and master to work and that is what I was planning on doing. Have to make a mount and linkage.