Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

converting my th350 to np205 help road blocks!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by motofool, May 1, 2004.

1. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

okay here goes

Bought a np205 couple core th350's and was supposed to get a adaptor and sleeve..

he now cant find it ! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

so now im looking for one GM wants 340$ tranny shop wants 550$

advanced adaptors wants 245$ and i cant find any info on what comes witht he advanced adaptors model

1)im new to this and i was under the impression there are 2 seals and bearings in the adaptor. and also a coupler sleeve. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

so now checking out AA's site i also find a TH350 to 10 spline np205 adaptor. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Now i know there are WAY more 10spline 205 for the manual trannies.. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2)the question ive got is if i buy this adaptor for the 10spline 205 how do you conencted a 10spline shaft with a 27 spline shaft with the coupler?
    or are they expecting you to change the input gear on the transfer case. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3)so my options are find a stock one (still searching)

or buy an advanced adaptors one at 245$ plus 80$ for the sleeve and maybe 30-50$ for the seals and bearings? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

what would you choose for routes and why?

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You need a 27 spline input 205. The adapters come both ways, 2 seals and no seals. then you need TH350/205 adapter and there are two types of those as well, figure 8 pattern and the later round pattern. The drive sleeve is 27 spline on both ends and connects the tranny output to the T-case input. I have seen them sold new on E-bay buy it now auctions for $50.00. If I were you I would contact doctor4x4 on here as he seems to have plenty of parts that you are needing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

i have a 27spline np205 sitting here

what confused me is the adaptor for th350 to 10spline np205
    they provided no info on if you have to change the input gear on the np205 or if you get a special sleeve to mate teh 10spline to 27 spline.. or if it has a different bolt pattern or what..

so not all of the adaptors have seals?

i have the figure 8 pattern i beleive.

4. motofool

motofool 1/2 ton status

shot doc an email