Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

converting tbi to a carb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SEREsolution, Aug 17, 2005.

1. SEREsolution

SEREsolution Newbie

does enyone know how and where to get info on how to convert a 350 that had tbi to have a carb.
    thanks

2. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

i believe you will need a new manifold...and the carb of course...buy a edelbrock intake and carb and it should work pretty easy. you already have all the linkages you need.

3. SEREsolution

SEREsolution Newbie

carb

i not sure the best way to wire it up if someone has done it help would be much apprecited!!!

4. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

can still use stock pump need return line hooked up did you check on just getting a higher flow oe style throttle body?

5. dunehopper502

dunehopper502 Registered Member

i converted my 94 silverado tbi over to carbed big block and it wasnt to bad..
    first youll need a fuel pressure regulator to lower you 12-15 psi down to about 5-7 for the carb, and youll need a big cap hei dist with vacuum advance instead of your small cap dist with the igniton module,,
    id recommend you neatly put aside all your wires and connectors from the original tbi incase you decide to go back to stock,im glad i did for selling reasons. and of course the intake and carb,recommend no bigger then a
    600cfm unless you have internal motor mods done...also beware of the emission laws by converting over too they gave me a hard time..i havent seen any books on how to do this just trial and error for me..good luck