Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

converting to A/C

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xnoahx, Sep 2, 2002.

1. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

Ive got an 85 silverado that im getting parts off of and it has A/C, how difficult would this be to swap into my 73? I already have the part mounted by the heater that the hoses hook up to, and the silverado has everything else. The climate control in my truck also has an A/C selector alreay. Would there be a ton of stuff involved ti doing this?

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

If you have all the parts, I'd say go ahead. Just be organized and watch were everything goes. It's not that complicated. Make sure your vacuum lines are not pinched.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

if the '73 doesn't have AC, it's gonna to be fairly involved. The firewall is different, will require cutting a new hole and patching the existing.

I went the other way on my '86.

4. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

well, it looks like ive got the firewall parts on there from an 89, just need the a/c pump, the lines, and the big cooler thing