Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Converting to a Manual Transmission

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5BLT4FUN, Feb 11, 2001.

1. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am thinking of converting my 88 Blazer with a 700R4/205 combo to a manual transmission and would like your opinions on which transmission to use and why. I have an opportunity to buy a NV4500 or a NP465 either of which I will be connecting to a ORD Doubler. Please let me know.

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

man, i want to do the same (and will), but would really wish some one would do a write up on this...there is no doubt that i cant do it, but it would be nice to know all the particulars before i got started...my 700r4 is getting a little" long in the tooth" so i kinda need to start preparing.....anybody done this and have it documented?????

AIRBORNE!!

3. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

<font color=green> Hey K5BLT4FUN, will you sell your 700 when you convert it over to a manual tranny?
    let me know cause i need a backup setup and if its in good condition, we'll talk bout $$$

<font color=orange> if you cant beat 'em, drive over 'em </font color=orange>
    [​IMG]

4. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

I did convert my '87 K5 from 700/205 to a 4500/205 (about 5 years ago).

Glad I did it. I have
    posted some photos and a list of the parts I used at: http://www.geocities.com/tneg50/
    hope this helps.

SteveB