Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

converting to Fuel Injection

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Redfrog, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I am rebuliding my 350 and adding Tbi and need to know the following

How big of a cam can I run with out messing with the computer?

And how much Compression can be run with out messing with the computer.. or is compression even a matter

Is there any onther factors that I should take in to consideration for the swap

Thanks

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

In my opinion these are the max # you can run on a stock chip.
    Lift .445 I know this will work with the stock chip. but I have heard you can go higher with the lift
    Duration 214 degrees max

Duration is more important than lift. You will loose vacume with higher duration numbers and that will mess up the readings from MAP sensor.

I also would go no more than 9.5 to 1 on the compression.
    If you are going to modify a TBI engine I recomend tou get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The stock one in the TBI is usually set a little low. With the adjustable regulator you can get the pressure up to 13# and give the engine a little more fuel.
    Go to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.thirdgen.org/newdesign/tech/>thirdgen.org</a>. Scroll down the tech articles and read: Ultimate TBI parts 1 and 2. and the article about the adjustible fuel press regulator. Lots of good stuff there to get more flow out of your TBI.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've been consittering converting to MPEFI. I just don't have the funds at the moment.