Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Converting to mp3 and then burning a disc, anyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mofugly13, Dec 26, 2004.

1. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

In the last wek or two there was a post about converting songs to mp3 and then burning them to cdr. I can't find that post for the life of me. I downloaded the EAC program that was linked, but there was another program mentioned. Also can I use Media Player to do any of this. Help out a computer impaired fellow wheeler, fellas. Thanks.

I have EZ CDCreator4, can I use that for this stuff?

2. fordcummins1

fordcummins1 1/2 ton status

What type of file is the audio now that you want to convert to MP3? Wav?

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I use CDex to convert my store bought cd's to mp3 and then burn my own disk.

4. mofugly13

They are whatever my comp. makes them when I copy an audio CD to the hard drive. I use media player, so it might be .wmv?

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

If you have Windows XP then Media Player 10 will rip, convert, syncronize, burn, edit and just about anything else you want to do with music files. The best part is .... it's free! http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/default.aspx

There are lots of other programs that will do the same thing, it's really a matter of what type of program you want.

6. mofugly13

I'd really like to be able to do it with the programs already on my comp. Will I be able to do it with Media Player and Windows ME?

7. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

There should be an option on media player to convert to MP3 when you copy it, if not download the newest version and it should have it. Copy it in MP3 format onto your computer and if you want to create a cd that is MP3's then you can use media player or ez cd creator. Ez cd creator you can burn using the create data cd option, then choose the mp3 file you want. Its been awhile I have not used ez cd creator in awhile so good luck..

8. mofugly13

I have Windows Media Player 9, and I don't think it has the capability to convert songs to .mp3. I checked out the link goober posted, and saw, like he said, WMP 10 will do everything i want, but it's only for Windows XP, I have ME, sux. I just realized that I bought my GF an mp3 player for xmas last year. It's made by Rio, I wonder if the software that came with it will have what I need?? I'll check it out.

9. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I have always used the X-Ing converter/Player. It was free and works well. To burn i use Nero 6.

10. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Try Musicmatch Jukebox, I pretty sure the free version will let you convert into mp3's on your computer. :xmas:

11. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I use AudioGrabber and burn with Nero

12. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

you can make media player rip mp3s you just have to change the setting to do so. in media play go to tools, options, rip music, rip settings, format. and then you can even change size/quality.