Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

converting to th400

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eds77k5, Dec 4, 2002.

1. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

here are my options: for $150 i can get a 400 to replace my th350, then what? new driveline?, adapters, is that a straight bolt up to a 400sbc. or for $400 i can get the tranny and a transfer case, but then i would need locking hubs up front, i think it is the 205, would i need a different front driveline, or buy the whole package, 3/4 ton axles, tranny and tc, then i wouldnt need to worry about hubs, but would still need different drivelines? 800 bucks for the whole deal, dont know what gears yet, i need new tires anyway, so no biggie there, just add wheels to my list. would i have drivelines to mainly worry about? maybe the guys got some lift springs to go with it, thanks for any input /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

I'll take a stab at a few of these. The 400 will bolt to the SB400.
    The 205 & 203are different sizes so if you have a 203 & SWAP TO 205, YOU WILL NEED TO CHANGE YOUR D-SHAFTS.
    If I were you, I would get teh whole setup & do the swap. Throw in a lift & new shafts & you will be doing the exact thing & just fininshed.

3. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

thanks, i found out it all came out of a 77 truck, i am still waiting to hear what gears are in it, if i can get it all i guess that would be the way to go /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif