Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cool devolpoments...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by MEPR, Oct 16, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well i was complaining about my ford on the luvtruck website and it turns out a guy on there whants the pile! I was realy honest and explained all that wrong whith it (he knows it dosnt start the rust spot of doom on the cab the spray paint and the oil leak of doom) and he whants to trade me his 79 LUV thats on 31" Mickies(and hes also throwing in alot of other parts) for it (dont worry im keeping the 33" swampers off my f-150 and will stuff em under the other luv). What do you think, my dad and i put work into it and sunk cash into it ($3500 at least, 2500 whith out the swampers) my dad will probly be mad if i get rid of it. But im not realy happy in a full sized truck that gets treibble millage and that has let me down (at least when the starter whent out in my luv i could push start it by myself). So what do you guys think about this situaition /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i think its your truck....and you should go with your gut feeling.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

It is not like you are giving it away because you were frustrated. As long as you are getting a truck you feel is a comparable value to you in trade (plus parts too!) I dont think your dad would be mad.

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

ok heres the trade as it stands right now...
    My 82 f-150 whith flat bed and factory box
    FOR
    79 LUV 4X4 lifted on 31" mikey Ts (worth at least $1000)
    luv 4x4 frame(only way to get one is by buying a luv so $900)
    pair of fenders($120)
    factory bed($200)
    extra 1.8L whith webber carb(another item you can only get from another luv+ the carb so $1200)...(About $3600 in stuff, im into my ford about $3000, whith out the swampers) /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    Im kinda half temped to say thats about even