Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cool fabricated stuff

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Jan 31, 2001.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Hey i am ready to finish my interior and get it rhino lined. I am currently in the process of making a center console out of diamond plating to hold my radio, EQ, and other things. I am going to make a cover for it out of diamond plate also to protect against theft and the elements when the top is off. Also, i am making a speaker box out of MDF sealing it with a polyureateane or something similar and then cover it in diamond plate. I'm making the subs fire down and making a shield so water can't splash on them. The box will be raised a couple inches from the floor. I'm protecting the AMP's in a similar way on the sides right behind where the front seat belts go. They will not be visible and will also be protected from theft and the elements by diamond plate. I'll incorporate a place for 6x9's around there too. All of this plus the rest of the interior will be covered in rhino lining. I also might make some boxes behind the wheel wells for straps and such.
    So, does anyone have any other nifty interior gadgets that i could build in that are handy?? Thanks for the input - Doug Krebs

Doug Krebs

2. chevydude

chevydude Registered Member

sounds way cool, i would love to see a pic when it is finished

marcus

3. Dragworm

Dragworm Registered Member

Are you a wizard with the diamond plate? I'd love to have an idea for a gun case to mount in the back built. All that stuff sounds pretty cool.

So, which one of you is the brains of the operation?
    To tell you the truth it's not exactly a "brains" type operation.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you can get a custom box that is made of diamond plate and bolts to your tail gate that has built in gun holders and is lockable

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud [​IMG]

5. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Diamond plate is not that hard to work with. Just don't cut it with a torch else it will warp, and use a mig welder. I use pretty thing stuff. I think it is 18 gauge. - Doug

Doug Krebs

6. Dragworm

Dragworm Registered Member

Yeah, but if you put it on your tailgate you've got no place to sit and drink beer after the slaughter.

So, which one of you is the brains of the operation?
    To tell you the truth it's not exactly a "brains" type operation.