Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cool mini gun video

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GotLabs, Jan 12, 2006.

1. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

GAU 17 minigun, used to be 4000 Rounds per min, on high and 2000 on low. cry chiefs were not smart enough to use the correct "switchology" so not its "just" 3000 rounds per minuite. those guns pictures in the beginning are also the newest version of mount that is a LOT more user friendly. 7.62MM and 6 barrels to keep cool. electricaly fed and the 6 bolts are mechanical. jams with the new system are not common anymore.

good old UH-1N helo's... glad they are getting rid of them for a 4 blade model that has a bit of power.

3. Seventy4Blazer

i take it back, looks like a single engine army or civ model. not a twin. (the helo)
    Grant

4. GotLabs

Cry Chiefs? you mean they whine, and dont know how to mech? I figure those are the T&E flights. If I knew 15 yrs ago that dillon was going to get the big contract on the whole system, I would have invested. They are sweet, Ive been able to shoot one once, daytime though. Still pretty impressive, the GAU and the 218 have my vote:waytogo:.

5. Seventy4Blazer

yes, CRY CHIEFS allways whine. the Dhillon bolts are also in the 20mm 6 barel gun on the Cobra. M197 is what it is.
    Grant

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Dr. Gatling was a genius. No matter how good alloys and barrel making technology gets, it remains true that 5-6 bbls will always be able to hold up better than 1 bbl under continuous rapid fire. Its also kinda neat that gatling-style weapons are only really used by Americans in warfare... sort of like shotguns. Few instances of others doing the same, but their use remains distinctly American. :usaflag:

j

7. GotLabs

HOOAAH! Its an Army thing, good thing I be a Myrene.

8. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Damn I love american firepower!

Somebody see if we can get a video of the 20mm vulcan in action that one is one awesome piece of machinery!

9. jekbrown

hell, why stop there? certainly there is a vid of the A10s 30mm gatling "gettin it". What a monster of a gun. Dr. Gatling would prolly crap his drawers if he had ever got to see just how much of a butt-kickin' machine his idea would eventually evolve into. :grin:

j

10. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

my brother works for dillon aero building those guns. he regularly gets to go out on their huey to test out their guns. for those of you who don't know, they're based in Scottsdale, AZ on the north end of the Scottsdale Air Park. They refer to that area where they are shooting as The Bucket - it's out near Gila Bend. The owner of the company flew me from the bucket back to Dillion Aero/Precision after we shot some footage for a movie that never came out - supposedly I was part of the military and we were kicking some Osama a$$. :) About a month and a half ago my brother was out testing one of these guns and it malfunctioned causing one of the barrels to explode - needless to say he ended up with a bit o schrapnel in his lip and leg. Crazy. It's kinda neat to have that connection - we got to go out and shoot guns which aren't available to the general public. My little wife's first experience shooting a gun was a full automatic rifle. :D The family wheels their Jeeps out there sometimes too. i keep teasing them that once i get my rig on the road, i'll go offroading with them and then pull both their jeeps off the trails at the same time. :) ok. i'm done.

11. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

:D

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/741/

12. jekbrown

kickin' ass! Definitely the most fiercesome bullet-firing weapon ever carried on an airplane. The C-130 gunships are pretty cool too... but for they are firing more than 1 gun. :)

j

13. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

sweet haven't seen the warthog in a video for some time now. still very impressive.