Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cool Old Iron Tow Rig

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mikey_d05, Feb 13, 2007.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

2. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

those old IH's sure do have a strong following. the engines and chassis were well engineered and strong as all get out...but the bodies were made of compressed rust.

i learned to drive stick on my dad's old '74 3/4 ton flatbed with a 345, and i got a soft spot for them.

3. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Dad's 66 stepside pickup is a beast. it won't go very fast with the low gears but has true 4 wheel drive. 6 cylinder. Kind of ugly duckling but one heck of a powerful rig. But, you better know how to double clutch and memorize the way the gear pattern is otherwise you will have trouble getting into 3rd. His has granny gear and then 3 more gears but from what I call 2nd its like up over 1/2 way and up some more and then 4th is down over to the right the other half and down.

Step mom hates driving that thing!!!!!

4. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I like those old internationals. My dad also had a 72 1 ton dually with a manual and a 345? Awesome truck, ran like hell for alot of years, got many miles of sevice out of the thing. It had a flatbed on the back and a huge rear axle. After sitting in my back yard for a number of years the body had rusted to all hell.

5. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

Get it.