Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

coolant in oil

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85Jimmy, Jan 30, 2003.

1. 85Jimmy

85Jimmy Registered Member

I almost overheated my jimmy the other day. it turns out the coolant is some how going into the oil. How could this happen? I did a compression test they are all between 170-180 and psi which means its not a head gasket doesn't it? it has a 305ci S.B. Thanks, Chris /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

could be coming from intake manifold gasket leak. I changed mine about 3 weeks ago and no more coolant in oil

3. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

its could also be a small hairline crack in one of the cylinders. is it really hard to start in the moring? if so the cylinder is filling up with water. and you may risk bending a connecting rod and some valves, or even destroying a piston. i would either try and figure it out yourself or take it somewhere so you find out whats wrong with it before you do any major damage.

4. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

i was goin say say intake gasket as well /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 85Jimmy

85Jimmy Registered Member

I got new intake gaskets today. I bought mr. gasket ones with the plugs for the heat crossover, should I use these or cut the gaskets so the crossover is enabled? the intake is a edelbrock performer eps Thanks, Chris /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

I had originally bought the mr gaskets also with the blocked ports, but went back and got the Felpro's that were open. You should cut them or go get open ones. Also, do not use the rubber ends(front and back), just use some silicon gasket sealer

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Anti-freeze in oil (Milky looking oil) is usely a head gasket or intake manifold gasket. Hope ya didn't get it hot enough to warp a head.

8. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I had this on a 400SBC one time, it was a hole between the water jacket and the cyl.