Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Coolant Reservoir

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ggallin13, Aug 7, 2000.

1. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

Where do I get a coolant reservoir? Mine is shot. I tried the duct tape repari, to no avail. LMC Truck doesn't have them--at least I couldn't find one in the catalog.

I want to avoid paying $700 for one at the dealership (or whatever they charge).

2. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

funny you should ask that i bought one at the dealer 4 days ago. It was only $19 with cap.
    you d\should go that route

3. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

I have seen a few rigs with home-made coolant reservoirs. They were made out of coffee cans and plastic bottles. Dont really know how good this works, but they were sure runnin 'em.

[​IMG]

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

They are cheap at the dealer.......I guess you could also go to a wrecker and pull one out of a wreck. I'd imagine they're a dime a dozen at the boneyards.

5. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

There is one more thing you could try to keep the good feeling of fixin what you got. Mine had a tiny sprinkle at the joining. I used super-glue on the thin line running upp where the hose attatches. (Where the resorvar-botle's two halfes are joined)
    To get it clean and shiny again on the inside I stuffed a rag in there and shook it with soapwater. Came out great.

<font color=blue>Espen88k5 at:http://www.espen.coloradok5.com</font color=blue>