Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cooler lines for TH400 and 6.2 diesel??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JHG, Jun 4, 2006.

1. JHG

JHG 1/2 ton status

I started to convert my 81 K5 to diesel last summer. This summer I am going to finish it (the engine, trans and transfer case are in and connected).

I need the lines from the TH400 to the radiator (and back). In the Diesel Radiator I thinkt the cooler for the trans is at the drivers side (but it was at the passenger site for my TH350).

Is it like that for all TH400 or is it only for diesel engines?

I need to buy an new radiator, radiators.com dont send outside of USA, does anybody know of a good seller of radiators?

Thanks, JHG

2. JHG

JHG 1/2 ton status

ttt

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

mine's like that...

My 82 K20 with 6.2/Th400 has the tranny lines on the DRIVERS side of the radiator too!...all the gas motors have the cooler ports on the passenger side for the tranny lines, as far as I know..

I think GM goofed,the engine oil cooler lines are on the PASSENGER side of the radiator..they should have swapped it ,so the lines would not have to criss cross ,and be longer than nessasary!..

Not sure who has good radiators "cheap"..but I'd bet the "cheapest" for a diesel is in the 300+ dollar range!:eek1: ..my oil cooler lines are rusty,and its doubtful I"ll be able to unscrew them from the radiator without twisting the bung right out of the tank!..so if and when they pop,I might have to install an aftermarket oil cooler,or try patching up whats left of them..

Maybe a 4 core BBC radiator would be big enough,and you could use an external oil cooler??...might be cheaper??...the radiator supports are not the same between gas and diesel though..have to swap that too..:crazy:

4. JHG

JHG 1/2 ton status

That was just as I thought. When I see lines in cataloges they never mention for 6.2. It looks like I have to make those lines my self :(

I dont need the radiator for cheap, just for a resonable price. It costs me around 600 us dollars to get my old radiator fixed over here, so $300 + shipping and customs duties dont sound so bad.