Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cooler temps here...better performance now...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kelboski, Sep 7, 2000.

1. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

i live just south of Atlanta Ga, and the weather is great now...60-65 degrees the last couple of days, anyway, my K5 is running alot better these last couple of cool days than it does when it is hot...say 85-95 degrees.....i know there is a reason for this...but don't know what it is....could someone tell me?
    thanks...Kelboski

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

It's the same logic behind a supercharger; sorta! Maybe more like the K&N cold-air pak. The colder the air, the denser it is and therefore, the more air that gets drawn in the engine in a charge. More air gets more fuel, and thus more power. I can really notice it on a cold winter morning. The Blazer goes from good to snappy at a touch of the gas peddle! [​IMG][​IMG]

Hope this helps
    Brian
    89KBlazer

3. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

thanks....my old 305 rips it in the cold weather...much faster....i like it alot

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Yes the cooler you are running the better(to a point)...

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com