Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cooling problem after a 3" body lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueOx, Aug 7, 2000.

1. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

cooling problem after a 3\" body lift

now that i have a 3" body lift on; I have a cooling problem. The instructions said to cut the bottom of the fan shroud off does that have anything to do with it? One person said to cut the core support where the rad. is and lower it. the only problem with that is the body lift blocks are under the radiator. Is there a way that i can fix this?

2. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo 1/2 ton status

Phoenix / Peoria ARIZONA. (75thAve/DeerValley)
    Re: cooling problem after a 3\" body lift

Chances are, your fan is now drawing air from under your radiator instead of through the radiator.
    You need to re-engineer the shroud or move the radiator. Put the bottom half of the shroud back on and use some thin sheet metal to fill the gap between the top & bottom shrouds (pop rivot, or wire the peices together) then use the same metal to build a dam from the bottom of the radiator to the bottom shroud to keep air from getting drawn from underneath it. I have done these this way, I know its not clear but you should get the idea!
    Or move the radiator down 3"

3. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

How do i lower the radiator down 3 inches

4. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo 1/2 ton status

Phoenix / Peoria ARIZONA. (75thAve/DeerValley)

More African Engineering !!![​IMG] Also known as jerry riggin!!![​IMG] Also known as somthin else? can't think of it right now? [​IMG]
    Have a beer!
    Look at it!
    Have another beer!
    Look at it!
    Repeat this proceedure until it comes to you![​IMG]