Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cooper discoverer SST tires.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I ran them on my Heep they worked great in the saand, mud, loose rocks........not bad on the freeway a little noisy!
    Bill

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I ran them on my FJ-40 they work ok for me.

Eric

4. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I've got them now and think they're great! Great price, too/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. FWP

FWP CRS

The sidewalls SUCK on the rocks /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. The sidewalls are weaker than BFGs IMHO, and that sayin much....The second hard trip out with em, I warrantied 2 side walls, and really tore up another good, but had to keep it. I guess they would be alright for mud, but I don't do mud...The 35-12.5-15 tires wore 4/32 on the street with only 4000 miles, balanced and correct alignment. If I had it to do over again(which basically I did), I would have got MTR's or SX's . I run the coopers on my street truck now, no hard wheelin for them babies.....

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

my fried had the cooper a/t's on his truck.they lasted forever and he did a lot of burnouts.i dont know about the mud tires though/if they are weeker sidewall than bfg's than i would not buy them.every time i went wheeling i popped one of them.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Rocks really isn't my thing. I'm more into exploring up in the forest. Quite a bit of mud up on those trails. Some small rocks, but nothing like you guys see when you're crawling.

8. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

That's the STT's right? I don't have any first hand experience but I know a few of my friends that had jeeps and a ford had them and knicknamed them the <font color="blue"> S</font color> tuck <font color="blue"> T</font color> ruck <font color="blue"> T</font color> ire. I do see alot of them though and they don't look that much different from other similar tires.

9. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I used to run them on my 88 and on an old 4runner. They worked really well in loose mud but if you put them in some thick gumbo you were done. The big problem I had was with the wear on the road. Had a hard time keeping them balanced thus they wore out real quick.