Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cooper Discoverer ST - Nebraska Tire

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JT Topless 75, Mar 20, 2003.

1. JT Topless 75

JT Topless 75 Registered Member

I talked to Nebraska Tire (same company that has the CHEAP TIRE thread for $61.50 tires). They have Coopper Discoverer ST tires in 35x12.5x15 for $66.50 each. Shipping is up to $15/tire now. These tires retail here in Richmond VA for $159.99 ea. These tires are brand new with the blued on the sidewalls and the tits on the tread. I think this sounds awesome.

I have 2 questions:

Does anyone have experience with these Cooper Discoverer ST tires? I use my truck about 50/50 on and off road, it's a 1975 Blazer.

What is your opinion of Nebraska Tire both good or bad? Are they honest people? Good to deal with?

Thanks guys! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. midwest wheeler

midwest wheeler Registered Member

I have never personally had Cooper tires but for what it's worth I haven't heard anything bad about them, generally only good things.
    I replied to this post because I live in Lincoln, NE and there are 2 Nebraska Tire stores here in town. I have only dealt with them a couple times but there are always pretty good guys to deal with and always e-mailed me back quickly with answers to my questions. I am looking to buy some tires from them as soon as I get my tax return $. I found that generally the South Lincoln store is better than the North Lincoln store. I don't know where the 800 number is answered, but if you want I can find the South Lincoln store's local # in the phone book.

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Are you talking abou the STT Mud tires from Cooper? If you are, I would shy away from them. My friend put them on his 95 Chevy (35's). They were loud, wore terrible, awful on compact snow, poor in mud... I guess generally just not what we had expected to see from Coopers. Now their A/T's are great and their snow tires rule.

4. Sparty

Sparty Registered Member

bahhhh i have the STT's on now and run the S/T's in winter. first off the STT is great in mud, and are even good in snow. i have 35"s and they arent that loud either, IMHO.
    now to the S/T, is also a great tire. i havent had a single problem with them. they dont clean as well as the STT but they do well in snow, sand, and mud. i would recommend them to you
    here is the S/T tread design
    [​IMG]

5. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

Those tires are well worth $66 if that is what you are asking. Most people I know have had good luck with them and are good on and off road. I think the key with them are to keep them rotated with the correct air pressure, and they should be fine. My dad had a set on the back of a 2x4 that went 40K mile with alot of tread left when he sold the truck, and it went well in the mud.

6. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

I used to work for a place that sold coopers.. almost all of there bigger tires wore like crap.. were noisy etc... Ive had them on my personal vehicle and never again will I.

7. FWP

FWP CRS

There ok, not great, kind of a lesser quality BFG Mud. I wasn't impressed with the sidewall strength though.

8. JT Topless 75

Thabnks for all the god info. I placed an order today for my 35x12.5x15 Cooper Discoverer ST. $66.50 ea and I'm damn happy with the deal so far. These are supposed to be BRAND NEW, NEVER MOUNTED, they promised anyway! I checked around here and the 2 quotes I got were $159.99/tire and $173.00/tire. I'll let ya'll know how they look whenh I get them in! Thanks again for your help.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm glad I posted information about Nebraska Tire. Makes me feel good that I've helped some people save a few bucks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. JT Topless 75

I just received these tires today and I must say I am VERY impressed. The tread pattern looks great and the tires are BRAND NEW!!! These are NOT take offs. They are brand new and stil habve the rubber tits on the tires and the paint marking on the tread. Now I can't wait to get them mounted!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif