Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cooper STT or L/T

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by River, Jan 23, 2001.

1. River

River 1/2 ton status

Another tire question.
    I need to buy some new tires for my K5 Blazer. I have stock suspension and 15 x 10 steel rims. Right now i`m running on BFG A/T 33x12.5x15 but they rub when fully turning or bumps. I now wouldt like to put 32x11.5x15 cooper STT or L/T under it. Wich one is the better tire i`m most off the time onroad lets say 60% and 40% offroad. Is the cooper tire a good choice?
    Here in the Netherlands i pay $135 for the cooper and $190 for the BFG A/T.

I hope somebodey can give me a good advice.

Greetings from Amsterdam,

River `90 K5, 350, TH700R4, NP241, "33, 3.08, 10 bolt F, 10 Bolt R(GOV-Lock)

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

The cooper STT is an awesome choice in tire. I've heard that they're about to quit making them in favor of a new mud terrain pattern here in the states though. I sure wish my BFG Trail T/As would wear out so I could get a set. Although the Pro-Comp M/T is the same tire. I have a couple of friends that run the STTs and they clean much better than and BFG and work awesome both off road and on. You should get 40K miles out of a set. Ask TEX on the off-road.com board. [​IMG]. A very long lasting mud terrain.

HTH,
    Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!

3. zrobbinsk5

zrobbinsk5 Registered Member

I've got a set of the STT's in 33x12.50x15 and love them. I don't think you can beat Cooper's as far as a truck tire goes. Just keep them rotated and you'll be in great shape. They handle great on road but they do make a bit of road noise, but i like a little hum to go with my exhaust.

4. River

River 1/2 ton status

Is their somebodey who want`s to share is experience with the cooper LT tire ?

Greetings from Amstelveen,

River `90 K5, 350, TH700R4, NP241, "33, 3.08, 10 bolt F, 10 Bolt R(GOV-Lock)