Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cooperate -- Or Else!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ugly_blazer, Jun 11, 2004.

1. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I really agree with this line from a story that I was reading - "Far from honoring the constitutional rights of the people, we are increasingly seeing our federal and state governments mischaracterize our rights as "crimes."

Here is the story - Cooperate -- Or Else!

What's your opinion?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I can't help but wonder if that guy at the bottom where they said he was smoking a cigarette minding his own business is the same case that came up here a little bit ago where the guy was seen beating his wife, it was reported and he refused to cooperate with the cop. I have the video somewhere.

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Good stories indeed. Obviously not without bias however. Cato is very biased towards invidual rights and is not very objective, IMO. Would be interesting to hear the social workers side and the officers side in both stories. The Feds have been overstepping their boundaries for years and its freshing to hear about people that stand up to the abuse.

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Actually he wasnt beating his wife, his daughter and him got in a fight and she hit him a few time, it was reported, they cooled off and when the police found them pulled over thats when the trouble with them began. They also drug his teenage daughter out of the truck and pinned her to the ground.