Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cop friendly paint?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TruckNutzDude, Aug 29, 2004.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Is there such a thing? I'm getting ready to put my Blazer back on the road and I'm looking to paint over the "safety blue" paint on it now. If I was at the legal height limit or had legal sized street tires I wouldn't worry about paint. Unfortunately I'm 11" over the legal door height and 10" over the legal tire size for my state. I just drive it to the trails, on the trails and home. Once in a great while I drive to a few car and truck shows but not much else. I just need a good color that won't scream "pull me over!!!" Any suggestions? BTW my body lines are straight and clean for now and I have no visible rust for them to notice. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

That far over the limit, I doubt cops will look at you cause the paint told them too..........

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

id say dark grey i think it cool and will not stand out as much as bright colours. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Most of my trucks I have gotten free from farmers around hear, so I just lift them and go. The cops just think it's an old farm truck...

5. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That far over the limit, I doubt cops will look at you cause the paint told them too..........

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you but I figure I need something I can hide with if they're looking for me in the woods. (it's happened before) I think a bright arse blue blazer on 44's is easy to describe but why add fuel to the fire with flourescent blue paint. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you but I figure I need something I can hide with if they're looking for me in the woods. (it's happened before) I think a bright arse blue blazer on 44's is easy to describe but why add fuel to the fire with flourescent blue paint. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So you break the law and then hide from the cops?????????? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Here's two solutions to your problem that would be more prudent:

1. Work to get the laws changed.

2. Move.

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I know what color not to paint it--"Arrest Me Red" or any bright hugger orange type color,--thats like dangling a red cape in front of a bull!.I mixed paint in a parts store/body shop supply house a long time,all the body guys agree bright reds,orange,lime green,or flouresent type paint jobs attract more attention than other colors.I dont know if there is such a thing as "cop friendly"paint,if one wants to write you up bad enough,he wont care what color it is.I think you should think stealth--make it invisible as possible,like flat black,or possibly a cammo paint job will fool them into thinking its a national gaurd rig,or paint it to look like a DPW truck,or other utility like the gas company--most cops dont pull over lifted trucks that often unless the owner was speeding or tresspassing,or doing something to atrract attention(like driving home from a wheeling trip with 6 inches of mud on the whole truck,except where the windsheild wipers sweep! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif),usually if the truck looks nice,no bashed in panels or rotted out and full of holes,they dont seem to bother people driving the rigs I see araund here too much,probably because there is only 1 cop for every 1000 people in most of our state--they have better things to do for the most part--but it seems some areas havs a "Barney Fife" that has a vendetta against lifted trucks,unfortunately--. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Whatever you do,dont paint it dark blue and put a star on the door,or try to make it look like a police rig--they HATE that!,and will let you know in no uncertain terms(a friend did this a few years ago,they said he was impesonating a police officer by painting his rig like that--he ended up repainting it cammo,didnt have many problems after that--). /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

May be a pain in the arse, but maybe you should tow to and from the trails. I'm glad there are no hight or tire size laws where I live. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

9. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

White.

10. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Flat black /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 1badv10

1badv10 Registered Member

how bout a hunter green metallic?? should look sweet but not draw too much attention /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Paint it simular color as cop cars and put the D.A.R.E. Logos on it and donate the Poloice bonevolent funds LOL

13. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

White, you be supprise how many people don't see a white 1-ton service truck until they smacked into the side of it /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif changing lanes.

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Paint it simular color as cop cars and put the D.A.R.E. Logos on it and donate the Poloice bonevolent funds LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

15. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

"cop freindly paint" hmmmmmm try gettin some invisible paint im sure walmart will have some and cops wont notic you that way /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

"cop freindly paint" hmmmmmm try gettin some invisible paint im sure walmart will have some and cops wont notic you that way /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

17. 91_blazer

91_blazer Newbie

hey i am painting my S-10 cuda green in the spring!!

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

paint some doughnuts on it /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

19. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

i live in mass also and have never got pulled over for being to big, only having no tail lights and speeding, id say go with a black cuz lots of people have black cars, trucks, but then again not to many people have 44's, my trucks black but usually coverd in mud, which blends in in the trails /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

also whats the door height limit and tire size limit here in mass.?