Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cops.cops. cops...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by st08x, Mar 26, 2003.

1. st08x

st08x Registered Member

i was in downtown Austin this evening for a show, try to find some decent parking, and i'm turning onto 6th street, when i get pulled over by a cop, i'm thinkin "is a tail light out again?" i pull over and she tells me to shut of the engine and get out of the truck, so i get out and she (yes, a women cop) says my exhaust is too loud, i tell to look i have a full exhaust system (except cats), so then she says i squealed my tires on the turn, i asked her how she could hear it if my truck was so loud, THEN she drops that and says i didnt use a turn signal! it was a one way lane, i didnt have a choice,
    i hate cops, all they have ever done is harass me, what where they doing when my truck got broken into...and when the other guy sped by and cut me off...or when some dumb a$$ lets the air out of my tires and scratches "fag" on my truck...good for nothing cops...

My k5

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Its sucks being a youngen, some citys love to go for kids, they think we are all irriating little people who are addicted to drugs.

Ive been pulled over (16yrold) because my fog lights were to low to the ground (wtf?!?!). Then he added obstruction of vision(because I had tint) and improper liscense plate illumination(I had red tinted lights).

They also pulled me over when I made a left turn on yellow, then pulled over again for having tint at the top of my window(after fixing the last) and again for obstruction of vision when I had a for sale sign in the passenger top of the window(that is ridiculas). These are Plymouth cops, aka the Nazis.

Now, ever since I got my Suburban, I never got pulled over in 5 yrs even though I drive like a jackass (just the occasional burnout and 1/4 mile run after green /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif). /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I havent ever had any problems with cops, other than them giving me tickets (but I earned them). I am always respectful and they usually do the same. In fact, last week I got pulled over by a TX Highway Patrol. I was going nearly 90 and he really should have given me a ticket, but he let me off with a warning.

Unfortunately there are bad cops out there that give the good ones a bad name. If you have problems it is usually best to not argue with them, that's what the courtroom is for.

4. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

no sir, i dont like em!!!! i have issues with being harassed too. but, what are you gonna do? bend over and take it in the poop-chute cuz trying to fight them will only make it worse.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

When I was younger I was real cocky. I had a attitude problem and the cops could see it. Needless to say, it got me into more and more trouble with the police. As I've gotten older I've chilled out on my tude. Now if I ever get pulled over it's for something like a tail light being out, or something minor. I talk to the cops like I talk to anybody else. Now 95% of the time they just tell me to get it fixed or be carefull next time. If you come off with a attitude at all, be prepared to pay. Remember, that ticket book is mightier then the sword !!!!

6. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    good for nothing cops...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh you gottem all figured out don't ya. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

7. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Ahh, to be young again. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

John /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

"I drive like a jackass (just the occasional burnout and 1/4 mile run after green "

Yep, cops all must be pricks if they pull you over.

9. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Well, us cops hate stupid people with attitude problems .............

John

10. hardcore_rob

hardcore_rob 1/2 ton status

I lived in the panhandle of texas. when i was back visiting a couple of years back. I was doing about 80 in a 55.( was just trying to get back to colorado) hi-po passed me head on. flipped a u-turn and gave me a ticket - not for exxcessive speed. he wanted the no seatbelt ticket. one that they knew i would pay...cause it wasnt a moving violation. one that was easy cash for them. well, there is a reason i wont go back to texas...freaking good ol boys is all i ever knew them to be in the 20 years i lived there.

11. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Let's take a look at this a little closer:

[ QUOTE ]
    so i get out and she (yes, a women cop)

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, right off the bat you seem to have a problem with women having authority over you. Get over it. When you grow up, you may actually work for a woman who controls whether or not you get a promotion or a raise.

[ QUOTE ]
    ... says my exhaust is too loud, i tell to look i have a full exhaust system (except cats),

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that was smooth. She points out a problem and you tell her she's wrong. I'll bet that made her really happy.

The laws in most states say nothing about whether or not a vehicle has a full exhaust, they only stipulate noise levels and, sometimes, exit locations.

[ QUOTE ]
    so then she says i squealed my tires on the turn, i asked her how she could hear it if my truck was so loud,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, why didn't you just tell her she was an idiot. That would have had the same effect.

[ QUOTE ]
    THEN she drops that and says i didnt use a turn signal! it was a one way lane, i didnt have a choice,

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me make sure I've got this right: You were TURNING a corner and you didn't have a choice? It sounds more like you just didn't want to.

Check the local laws and find out if you have to signal turns in your town.

[ QUOTE ]
    i hate cops, all they have ever done is harass me, what where they doing when my truck got broken into...and when the other guy sped by and cut me off...or when some dumb a$$ lets the air out of my tires and scratches "fag" on my truck...

[/ QUOTE ]

They were chasing down good for nothing punk kids who don't know how to drive.

[ QUOTE ]
    ...good for nothing cops...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for nothing punk.

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    "I drive like a jackass (just the occasional burnout and 1/4 mile run after green "

Yep, cops all must be pricks if they pull you over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do that in my Burban and never been pulled over. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Yes cops are pricks if they pull you over for a ridiculas reason or no reason at all.

13. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

HEE HEE!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I remember being on the recieving end of one of your rants. I'll bet you're gonna hurt this kid's feelings, you big meanie!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously though, if I could offer some advice, when you get pulled over, don't friggin' argue with the cop. Who do you think is gonna win in the end? Here's a hint- NOT YOU!!!!

If you play their little game and use "yes, sir" and "no, sir" a lot of the time they'll let you off with a warning if you weren't being too naughty.

This is the second "poor me" post regarding the cops in the last couple of days. I would REALLY like to hear the cop's side of the story. Why do I have a feeling that their version of the story might be a little different....... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

14. mrhoes

mrhoes 1/2 ton status

nice blazer i have an 86 i am not running cats either right now i am running strait pipes i am looking around for a place that will pass me without cats i dont like cops either they try to pull you over for bullshit violations
    by the way i live in Austin too

15. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

If you told her you didn't have cats, you'd better consider yourself lucky. $1000 to 10,000 fine for removing them. But I guess you like breathing brown air.

16. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    bullshit violations

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate on what you feel a B/S violation is. Just curious as to which part of the laws you are above and feel you should be exempt from.

John

17. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Take it from me, just install cats and get it over with. There aren't any shops around here that will pass a truck without cats, it's a risky move for a shop when it doesn't help them one bit. As for the cops, there is no way you can get a better "deal" by going against them. The first thing that comes outta their mouths is always the cheapest so don't try to negociate(sp?)...unless of course you own a set of DD's /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. JT Topless 75

JT Topless 75 Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

So, was the guy that scratched "FAG" on your truck right? hehehe /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

19. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

I have been pulled over more times than i can count but not to many tickets but as far a B/S Violations here is a fer for ya I was driving my 97 cavalier when I backed into a parking spot there was lots of ice in the gutter and i rolled up onto the curb I pulled down right away and this cop with somthing up his a$$ gave me a $30 ticket for it. I explaned it to him but he was just being an A$$HOLE
    another one I had neon light on the buttom of that car(I know you are thinking RICER but that is in the past) I was pulled over for for the lights. the reason being, the oficer said, that the blue were illeagle if you can see them from the front or the back she said that she would print out the law from the book for me. As i read it i found that it was only ileagle if you can see them from the front, My front light was burned out so there was nothing wrong with it I was pulled over 3 weeks in a row for that WTF and every time i showed the cop the paper and they just left with there tail between there legs Why are cops sooo stupid? If your going to enforce the law maby you should LEARN it first.

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

here all undercar lights are illegal when driving on the roads. Sometimes they will pull you over for chicken lights on your rig(little under bumper clearance lights off of big rigs). I can't bad mouth cops myself so far they have always been EXTREMELY nice to me. Lets recount a few, umm last time I was pulled over I was doing 55 in a 35. I explained to the cop my tires messed up my speedometer adn I didn't realize I was going htat fast. I know my speedo is off and knew I was speeding but I Really didn't know I was doing 55. He said he was an old truck guy and understood so he gave me the minimum fine he could. Then my truck stalled and wouldn't restart so I Had ot be towed and he just tore up the ticket and said I was having a bad enough day. Another time I was doing about 60 in a 25 and the cop gave me too fast for conditions which was cheap and 2 points. He could have pretty much taken my license right there, I was just in a really bad mood and not paying attention at all(dumbass me). I have been pulled over 2 times for running a redlight, once was dumbI was over th eline when it was still yellow but he just gave me a written warning, second time was one of those where the left hand turn arrow came on and I just wasn't paying enough attention and jumped the gun going straight. First car making a left hand turn coming the opposite way was a cop, my luck. Again just a verbal warning. I have 5 points right now and I still say cops aren't all that bad. They do their jobs and yes sometimes they do not know the laws that well, but here is what you do in that case, You take the ticket and be very polite to the officer and instead of just paying it you go to court and fight it. You go and be a good gentleman, or woman, and if the cop was wrong in the law you will win and there ya go justice is served. Never ever mouth off to a cop, I have been pulled over before and wanted to but I just controlled myself and was polite as I could be. SOme cops do do stupid things, like I know a kid who had his license plate taken away for literally no reason. He pulle dinto the local hang out and talked ot a friend(who is notorious wiht local cops) and after the other kid left they came over and took his license plate. They say they ran it because he was talking to a person who was known to the police as a hoodlum and that the plate was bad but it absolutely was not. He got it back after that since they had no reason to take it.