Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cops keep driving by.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Jul 12, 2005.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok, so I've had my big truck parked on the street for the better part of a month now. Last friday I picked up the trailer that I ordered and now the truck is sitting on it. Last night and tonight, LEO's around here keep driving by and shining their spotlights on it. When it was sitting on the street, they could have given me a ticket since it was technically on a public roadway...but now that it's on a trailer it's just a big piece of cargo and they really can't do anything about it unless I'm over the rated trailer weight (which I'm not)...any LEO's out there have any ideas as to what gives?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Maybe they like it and want some ideas for building thier own.

3. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Kinda what I was thinkin too............

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Maybe they think someone is gonna pull up and run off with it

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's not every day they drive by a large, orange, flamed truck. :D Probably just looking out of interest or for ideas.

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Could be, I got pulled once and he said he didn't think I was wearing a seat belt. Told me sorry, as I did. Then commenced to discuss the BFG's I was running and how much, where etc..................

7. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

seeing when your not home so the can borrow it. you know what sizball the trailer takes and if it's already tied down you have to research this stuff before you try to take it. :o

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you might be required to move it every 24 or 48 hours. they may be able to tow it. HOA's dont allow trailers in most casses, so if you live in one then be carefull. check with the laws, you MAY be illegaly parked.

also if your trailer is facing trafic then you are illegaly parked in most states, on a trailer or not. they may just be looking for your truck hooked to it to ticket it.

hell, call and ask them, or stop one in the road. most cops will answer any questions you ask, and if interested then they may be an "asset" in the future for you
    grant

9. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, technically the city ordinance states that vehicles parked on the street must be moved every 24 hours, but that's really only in effect during the winter so that the snowplows can do their jobs. Otherwise, the truck and trailer are perfectly legal...eh well...the LEO's around here are generally a good bunch of guys. If something is wrong with it, I'd hope they'd let me know before ticketing it.