Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cops recovered my suberban

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rdn2blazer, Mar 18, 2005.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

the la county pd called us night before last and said is wes abandoned in lancaster ca. i live in so. cal. said contents wos gone of course and it had been in a minor accident, had bumper & fender damage, and windshield was broken. had no plates. the good news is we allready setteled with ins, sighned it over and check was deposited a week ago. we held out for more money after there first offer was crap. we sent 2000.00 in reciepts to try and up it value. they only gave us another 200.00 more. we got 3407.49 total. 3 years ago i paid 5500. for it cause it was super clean. had i tried to get more out of them and waited longer we would be stuck with a truck that was damaged and tainted by some dirt bag. ins companys suck!

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Any chance you're being "OVERHAULED"....?

:dunno:

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Ha that is true...

I asked my wife why she never did that for me.. she said... first it is in CA and not NJ... no one on the east coast does that... second.. watching the show.. her second comment is so right...

you can mess with my wife and possessions... just not my son or my truck... she said she would be too scared that I WOULD AND I WOULD.. hit someone if they told me that they stole it like in the show...

back on track... glad you got it back... so since you got $$$ back and still have truck... are you going to keep it and upgrade it again?

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Usely in cases where the insurence has paid off, they take the vehicle once it's been recovered. You should have the option to buy it back if you want it.

5. rocknutah

rocknutah Registered Member

I lost my 91 k10 suburban about a week before Christmas. My boy was in the truck while it was warming up to take them to school. He forgot some homework, ran back into the house to get it, passing my wife on her way out the door. She was standing on the porch when they drove away, with a night's worth of Christmas shopping from the night before. After calling the law she called me at work, about 30 minutes away. When I got home I heard the story through her crying. I thought if things were anything like normal, there wouldn't be any gas in it. I started looking for it, was out about a half hour when I got the call they found it. When we went to pick it up a few blocks away, the officer there told us that one of people on the street had seen his neighbor messing around with the truck, it was parked across the street from his house. When the cop went over to talk to the guy,(Who unfortunately had a K5 for sale on his carport) he said he knew nothing about the Suburban. Then the cop asked if he could come in & take a look around, the guy agreed to that. No presents! But he had neglected to clear the scales & pot he had off the kitchen table. BUSTED! The officer said he knew the guy was involved, but couldn't pull any of his prints off the truck. The gifts were gone, and the only things missing from the truck were keys(house, other truck, mailbox,fun to replace stuff) and an amplifier that was one step this side of junk.
    By the time I got back to work that day, the story was that my truck had been destroyed & ALL of our Christmas was gone. They had taken up a collection which more than compensated our losses, which I tried to refuse but they wouldn't allow it. I bought pizza for the entire building to try and ease my guilt. It probably was the best Christmas I've had since I was a kid!
    About a week later my boy was driving past that house on his way to mine, he said there were two guys out front working on the Blazer. We took a ride over in the Suburban and did a couple of slow drive-bys. (No guns) From the reaction of the two guys on the carport they recognized my truck. About two weeks later, the house was empty & they were gone.
    Things could have been a lot worse, but I learned a few lessons. Do not leave your rig running with the keys in it, no matter how long or close your going to be. And don't put any more keys on the ring than you want to replace if they come up missing!

6. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

greg72 i wish that were true, but i bought it for my girlfriend, it was in my name but hers to drive. she would overhaulin her self. now that i think about it, that would not be so bad, then i wouldnt have to build her a truck too.:D