Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cops *Updated*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by afroman006, Dec 14, 2002.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I do not mean to offend anyone here but this needs to be said.

On thursday night one of my best friends got arrested. I'm sure alot of y'all will say "Well he must have deserved it." Not so. The story goes like this.

He was crossing a fairly long bridge behind someone else. The person in front of him was aparently speeding (I dont know if he was or not but thats besides the point). Then a police car appeared to the front and the person in front of him hit the brakes hard (speeding...) and my friend had to swerve into the oncoming lane so he didnt rear-end the person. After coming to a near dead stop, both my friend and the other guy start moving again and when they passed the police car, the cop did a U'y and hit the lights and siren. So my friend thought the cop busted the person in front of him for speeding, and aparently so did the other guy cause he pulled over to the side of the road.

My friend kept going but the cop did not pull over behind the other guy and kept following him. So my friend pulled over and the cop pulled over behind him. He told my friend that he had pulled him over because he tried to pass the guy in front of him on the bridge (which he didnt...). Despite the true story that my friend told them, they didnt seem to care. They took his license and registration and went back to the cruiser and about 5 minutes later came back and told my friend and the two other guys that were riding with him to get out of the car and then they wanted I.D. from the other two guys too. So they all complied without resistance, then the cop asked if he could search the car. My friend said no because he didnt have a reason so the cop said fine wait here I'll call for the drug dog.

So they waited for like 20 minutes for the K-9 unit to show up and as soon as the dog jumped out of the truck (the oficer's), it barked, while it was more than 20 feet away from my friend's car. So the cops claimed they had just cause and comenced with the search. They made my friend stay over by the cruiser with another officer while they commenced to RIP HIS CAR APPART...LITTERALY. When he asked if he could go over and watch them (to make sure they didnt brake anything... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) they forcibly said no and put him and the other two guys in the back of the cruiser.

You know what they found? A PIPE. Not the smoking kind, the piece of scrap metal kind. It was about a foot long and 1/2" in diameter. While he didnt know what was going on, they pulled them all out of the cruiser and said the other two guys could go (one of their moms went and got them).

The cops then told my friend to put his hands on the hood and spread his legs, he complied assuming they were just gonna pat him down. Then they pulled his hands out from under him and behind his back and hand-cuffed him (I'm not sure but I think it's illegal to handcuff minors behind their backs, he's 16). Without reading him his rights, they threw him in the back of the cruiser, all the while without telling him WHY (He didn't know anything about the pipe). When they finally got him to the juvenile detention center (They apparently could not add and thought he was 17 at first...they tried to take him to the county holding facility) they took him into a little room and made him strip, still not knowing why he was there. They took all his clothes except his socks and t-shirt and gave him a pair of shorts to wear. Only when they were doing his paper work did they finally tell him why he was there.

So he had to wait there for 2 hours for his sister to come and get him. When she came and got him, they explained everything to the both of them, telling him that he could not leave the county, had to be home by 7 PM every day, he could not break ANY law (even the smallest traffic violation) and some other stuff, until his court date (which could be up to a year away) and that if he broke any of these rules he would get put into custody for 3 days; and that he was being charged with a FELONY. They also mentioned that what was left of his car was impounded and that it was $150 a night and that his mother was the only one who could get it out because the title is in her name. His mom lives in New Hampshire, he lives here in Corpus with his sister.

They are not a super rich family, and obviously its gonna cost quite alot for his mom to fly down from New Hampshire just to get his car out of the impound and pay the impound fees and then GET THE CAR FIXED. They have already hired a lawyer and are going to pursue legal action to get compensation for sure.

Now for the ranting. WTF IS WRONG WITH THE FAWKING COPS!?!?! HE HAD A PIPE, A SHORT PIECE OF PIPE JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DAMN REDNECK IN THE STATE WOULD. HE COULD USE IT FOR A FREACKIN CHEATER BAR FOR ALL THEY KNOW BUT NOOOOOOOOO ITS A CONCEALED WEAPON. APARENTLY THEY THINK A FAWKING PIPE IS A GOOD ENOUGH EXCUSE TO CHARGE THE GUY WITH A FELONY. NOT TO MENTION THIS ALL WENT ON THE NIGHT BEFORE HE HAD TWO FINALS TESTS THE NEXT DAY.

Done. I used to have faith in the police but not anymore. This is just rediculous and if he loses his suit I will be even more pissed. While they could be out catching murderers and rapists, they choose to harass a guy with a BIG BAD PIPE. If any members of the CCPD are reading this YOU CAN SUCK MY CHOAD /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. Yes I realize that there are a few "bad-apples" out there but for cryin out loud there were at least 20 cops involved! This whole incident has thoroughly disgusted me and once I turn 18, cops better not expect any respect from me (it seems like when you're 16 you're always doing something illegal in their eyes). I just feel really bad for my friend and cant believe that he went through all that because of one little piece of pipe. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Finally a conclusion.
    The D.A. Laughed at the cops nad threw the case out. He is still going to sue for court costs, impound fee, car repairs, etc. Glad my bud's off the hook... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: Cops

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    once I turn 18, cops better not expect any respect from me

[/ QUOTE ]
    And just because of this, there's enough justification to disrespect every cop out there?

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

hey robert, first off what lawyer does he have? doode what were the officers name and all that? i know a few here in town and well lets just say i've seen em too many times. that mip i got the other day is the third time i've seen this cop on seperate occasions. but if they might need a better lawyer just ask me. i can ask codys dad if he is good or not. his dad is a court reporter and knows whos good or not. just im me sometime. later.

jacob

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

That's bullshit...

If he honesty never got read his rights, then they are in trouble... and they cant strip search someone who is below 18 w/o a person present..... i donno about teh cuff law and being 16.....

Your friend is getting screwed... I know there alot of GOOD cops out there... they have a tough job that I would not want.... If it truely went down like that, then your buddy's lawyer will have fun with this /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sucks to be your buddy though....
    I got pulled over in phoenix for supposedly stealing a stereo while robbing a lady''s house.. the cops pulled us over cause they had a report of a white truck (our vehicle) with a home stereo in the back (we found in a dumpster 2 large speakers a week ago) so we got pulled over and cuffed.. the lady that was robbed came to id us, said it wasnt us at all... the cops apologized and sent us on our way.... they made a mistake, kinda pissed me off at the time, but it's there job.. we did fit the discription....

Once again, i got pulled over for matching a discription of a vehicle leaving a hospital with a computer in his hands running leaving in a dark hoinda... guess who just left class.. me, with my computer in the back seat in my rmaroon honda.... (I have bad luck) The cops after 15 minutes let me go, realizing they had the guy already, a few blocks away...

They make mistakes.... It's just too bad the cops took it as far as you say they did.. there's a few officers on this board that can probably answer a few questions if you ask nice... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sucks .....

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

If he honesty never got read his rights, then they are in trouble

[/ QUOTE ]
    Negative reddog......First off, I will type the following disclaimer, I do not know the laws of Texas regarding juveniles and I'm sure it's a lot different that out here. End of disclaimer.

Now onto the rest of the story, an arrested person does not have to have their rights read to them by the arresting officer. There are two standards that must be met for Miranda to come into play, that is custody; which in this case was met, and interrogation................
    Now out here in Cali, a juvenile has to be read their rights when arrested.

6. afroman006

Sorry Bubba, I just got carried away. But there is still the idea that respect is givin when it is received. Anyway, Paula Wyatt has already agreed to represent him. I dont know any of the officers' names but he does.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That don't sound right. Tell your friend the most important thing he can do is find out the letter of the law and use it against them. If too many people have this happen and get satisfied just having it go away, the bad cops will multiply.

8. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

You have no rights as a minor

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

No problemo.

On the lighter side of life.....I hang in the county courthouse everyso often and the thought has occurred to me. I'm just wondering, would this Paula Wyatt make Playboy's "Ladies of the Bar" Edition???

10. afroman006

Easily.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

the person in front of him hit the brakes hard (speeding...) and my friend had to swerve into the oncoming lane so he didnt rear-end the person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moral of the story- if your following the person in front of you at a safe distance, and paying attention to traffic, you would not have to swerve even if they came to a dead stop....If you ever are the person to rearend someone you are ALWAYS at fault- regardless of why they slammed on their brakes- "following at an unsafe distance"..

they took him into a little room and made him strip, still not knowing why he was there. They took all his clothes except his socks and t-shirt and gave him a pair of shorts to wear

[/ QUOTE ]

Technically he did not strip, as he still had his undies and t-shirt...that's not illegal anywhere, and the shoes- well they say that's for the "accused" safety, as you can't harm yourself if they take the laces.

HE HAD A PIPE, A SHORT PIECE OF PIPE JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DAMN REDNECK IN THE STATE WOULD. HE COULD USE IT FOR A FREACKIN CHEATER BAR FOR ALL THEY KNOW BUT NOOOOOOOOO ITS A CONCEALED WEAPON

[/ QUOTE ]

John got pulled over one night, and while the dogs were searching his STS, an officer found his Kempo bag in the trunk, with his Kata sticks- those were considered concealled weapons as well, I think the only thing you can "legally" carry in all states is a BIG MAG FLASHLIGHT..

Sorry to hear bout your buddy- and I don't want to sound like an a** with my post, but not all cops are bad cops! More are good than bad. Even here in our little town, we have a few with the "little man syndrome" but the rest are cool.

Brandy

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've got to say this: It's totally fawked up how young people are treated by alot of police officers. No disrespect intended to any officers here, but I gotta say what I've seen with myown eyes. I grew up in the Omaha, Ne. / Council Bluffs, Ia. area. I was not the perfect kid, I did alot of crap I regret. Now I can understand that these officers are used to dealling with some very dangerious mathafawkars, Like the puke gang bangers with guns, strung out addicts jonesing for thier next fix, ...ect. But it doesn't justifie them beating the sh!t out of a 16 Y/O kid for having a pack of cigarettes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember being a teen out crusin with my friend, hanging out in parking lots talking to girls, when the cops would come in to run off the lot. Most of us wouldn't have a problem with it if the cops would treat us with respect, but these cops came in threating to arrest everyone, treated us like we was some mass murders or rapists. I don't see what was wrong with talking to girls, but the communist law enforcement party thought differently.

14. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I've gotten torn up by some police officers while being arrested, it sucks, but what are you gonna do? Your word versus theirs. Sorry to hear about your buddy. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i dont mean to insult any cops here, but i have never in my entire life delt a cop that wasnt an a$$hole on a major power trip. just my two cents

16. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

respect the badge!you cant win being a peckerhead if you have nothing to hide? let them search the car (they're going to anyway) IF the cop is a d!ck get his badge # be nice getting it and make a report in the morning, TRUST me on this. i have been pulled out of my cars ,trucks,sidewalks
    from east hartford ct south some deserved some not /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif but i've always been nice except for 3 times
    i have no record or warrents but i look like a biker (hair to my waist and go t) or a hippy (neither). probable cause?
    and no I wont cut my hair! i donate to kids with cancer (wigs)when its long nuff
    BUT YOU CANT WIN BEING A PECKER ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD
    sound about right

17. afroman006

They did try to get all the officers' badge numbers but the cops took the pen they had before they could write anything down.

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Best thing to do would be to carry a camcorder in the vichile everywhere ya go. But who's going to do that ??? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

19. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Best thing to do would be to carry a camcorder in the vichile everywhere ya go. But who's going to do that ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's the guy who video taped the Rodney King incident when you need him? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

20. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

If a piece of lead pipe is concidered a consealed weapon, I wonder what they would think about the machettie (sp) I carry in my K5 behind the passenger seat. I carry it to take out brush on trails. Just like I carry a folding shovel and pick. It's not consealed really. It's just laying there on the floorboard. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif