Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Copyright Protection Piss*s Me The Fu*k Off!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ARAMP1, Jul 18, 2006.

1. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

So I was out and about today and bought Johnny Cash's new album (which is great, btw) and I also picked up an Offspring Dual disk with greatest hits on one side and a DVD on the other (along with the album in 5.1 surround, yada, yada). Well, I copy all of my CDs to the computer. It makes it easier for me. However, the copyright protection will not let me copy it. Any ideas on how to get around it?

I'm thinking about just illegally downloading it. The only thing that this copyright protction is doing is making it harder for the guy who doesn't want to break the law.

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I thought Nero 7 could get around that, but I don't know for sure.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

If you already own the cd its not illegal because you have bought the music. It can be a real pain for me to rip music onto the comp. with new cd;s it will work one time and not the next (same cd) usually i can get it onto the compuet ok.

One thing i have noticed though is all these new cd's go bad very quickly. I have the offspring greatest hits (without the dvd) Not a scrath on it andd 3-4 songs skip:rolleyes:

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

That's no joke, I have a Deftones CD from 1996 that still plays great, but these new CD's under the same conditions start to have the reading surface flake off so you can see straight through the CD. I'm starting to wonder why that's happening.......

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Check out www.doom9.org for lots of info on ways to solve your issue.

6. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

are you just looking for the greatest hits part in mp3?

pm me

7. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Look carefully -- I betcha you won't find the "Compact Disc" logo on the thing. It quacks like a CD, *looks* like a CD, but it's a 5.25" round piece of plastic that ain't a CD.

However, check out

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

for AnyCD and AnyDVD. I've been using AnyDVD to get around copy-protected DVD's ... I do the same thing for both audio and movies, record them into the computer to play them (note to MPAA and RIAA: I own them, and play them for myself, no copying; swing by and see my collection any time).

Doom9 does have lots o ' good links, including DVDShrink which is the shiznit, but sometimes it can't un-decrypt the new encoding schemes.

-- A

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Whatever you do, turn off the "autorun" feature on your computer. Many new CD's put copyright protection software on your machine when they start. If it asks you to install anything, don't.

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

That sucks. I have not had that issue yet, but I back up all of my cd's and the originals never leave the house, I was just going to buy that The Man Comes Around Cash album today.

10. 81K5GUY

81K5GUY 1/2 ton status

x2 I use anydvd and have never had any issues with dvd's or cd's .Anydvd rocks!plus right now its on sale.
    www.slysoft.com

11. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Oh yeah, that Sony thing ... I am SOO glad I have a dedicated machine just to record movies and music on... no autorun, automated scripted recording, and AnyDVD =))

-- A