Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Corbeau Seat

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73k5blazer, May 1, 2004.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

So I bought these Corbeau TRS Seats for my project build (73 k5 with all fiberglass body), alot of the decision was based on wanting to use a harness style seat belt...anyhow..

Anyone using these things? I am not so sure I like them, they are very tight fitting, and I'm a small guy (155lbs, 5'8", 33" waist), the biggest problem I see with them is the non-ability to move around your legs, while I drive, for comfort I like to leave my left leg out a little, and with these high, bottom cushion, side lips that's not possible...really your whole body is one with the seat, which I guess is the point with this type of seat, but a little possible movement would be nice..
    They are firm, and I like that. Just wondering if it just a getting used to thing, or should I stick with my '91 high-back seats that I put in before I tore down the truck for rebuild...
    I've been sitting in them out in the garage reading my new 4wheeler after I fabbed up some mounts for them, but I think there is no comparision for actually driving in them....

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Jeez dude, you need to put a warning on that link! I almost choked on my Spagetti-O's when I saw the price! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Anyway, I don't have racing-type seats in my K5 but I've ridin in a few and there is no comparsion to the stock POS's. But I've never sat in Corbeau's(I like the name) but for the price they should come with a free bowl of soup...

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Everyone that runs corbeau seats like them they're meant for racing/off-roading so there has to be lots of support, if you wanted your leg out a bit you should have gotten one with not so much hip/leg support /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. 73k5blazer

I looked around, the only other aftermarket seat makers are Recarro's, which were twice the price, and one other company I can't remember the name now, but they were $600/seat..

5. 73k5blazer

Everything on this truck is new or completly refurbished...the seats I have from the '91 have stains and cig holes in them, plus they are a little too mushy...new seats from the dealer, $582/seat, new upholstry $399, new foam, $256/side..I got these Corbeaus off ebay for $500, including shipping, so in the grand scheme of things $500 for two brand new seats isn't so bad...it only sounds high at first, but when you look at other options, it's the only way to go..plus I wanted to use a harness seat belt when I o

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Well, when you put it that way... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Did you check out mastercraft?

7. 73k5blazer

I looked at them, none of them recline though..price is about the same, $289/seat

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

If all you found was Recaro's you didn't look very hard. Did you try www.seatsource.com ? Many many choices including my personal favorite, Flofits that were ideal for me (6'4" 200#).

9. 73k5blazer

I did find that site..the flo fits were very expensive, and no harness capability...

10. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

ebaymotors.com

I bought leather power buckets and leather rear seat from 2000 Silverado with wiring harnesss and seat belts. $500 /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If you want to sell your seats I might be interested depending on the price. I could drive and get them too, no shipping. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. smartpatrol

smartpatrol Registered Member

Where did you get the Fiberglass body panels?