Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cornfed...Got a question for ya???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rockhog, Sep 26, 2005.

1. rockhog

rockhog Newbie

After watching the TTC I have to ask if you could kick down any info on your motor combo??? That sucker looked like it was putting out the most power of the bunch during the comp. I am currently getting ready to build a BBC and would love to here some specs on your combo. Cubic inch/comp ratio/cam/heads/etc...Thanks Ron

2. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

Hey are you sure youre not confusing me with Nick -- fourwheeler tv mixed us up. Mine is the green burb, his the orange blazer. I was pretty easy on my burb because I didnt know Id be running and I didnt really have any spare parts.I'm actually running a small block in mine. Its a 383 based on a dart aluminum block with aluminum bowtie angle plug heads. It was a blower motor in a drag car before I got, in a full bodied 73 nova the motor ran low 10's with a blower and different cam. The compression is 10:1, Crane 292 cam, scat internally balanced forged crank, scat h-beam rods. The biggest difference was the commander 950 injection. The motor was way more top end with a carb but with the injection it just pulls hard all the way thru to about 6600 rpms. The motor is an absolute blast at the dunes - 2nd gear 2wd high range everywhere. Having a manual helps with the power too. If youre referring to nicks blazer hes running a 427 I believe, full roller with a big cam and lots of compression ( race fuel required). Hes on here but I cant remember his user name.

3. rockhog

rockhog Newbie

Thanks for the reply! Yeah i was talking about the orange Burb but yours ran hard as well. I am having a hell of a time deciding on a converter for my rig. I am currently running a 500 caddy motor with a tight stock converter. I am also running a 203/300 doubler. The current set up works killer in the rocks but am planning on going to a BBC. The parts are much easier to get and has alot more RPM capability. I want kiiler mud and dune power and spin it like your to 6000 rpm plus. But I need it to work good as well at the Rubicon/Moab/Fordyce type trials. The cam I was looking at was a Lunati Voo Doo 268. It specs 268/276 with 228/233 at .050 with 548/552 lift. This would be in a 10.5 to 1 Fully forged 396. Later plan to stroke it to a 427. I think this is a bout as much cam as i can run with say a 500 rpm over stock converter. Or....I was thinking about a switch pitch converter with like 1800/3200 stall. This would give the best of both worlds.

That would be killer if I could get Nick's 427 combo. I am sure it would be more radical than what I plan to do but but it gives me a good reference point. Thanks Ron

4. rockhog

rockhog Newbie

5. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Ouch, guy....