Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

corp. 14BFF brake locking up...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rjfguitar, Sep 17, 2003.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Aug 28, 2002
    I did a 3/4ton swap on my 85K5 about a month and a half ago. My 14bolt FF from a 3/4ton 77' is wanting to lock up on the right drum when they are cold and when I have to apply a lot of brake pressure.
    The rearend sat a long time at the wrecking yard and my best guess is that it's either out of adjustment or the cylinder isn't working properly, they don't leak though. Maybe the left cylinder is plugged and sending all the pressure to one side (replaced the lines during the swap) /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

85K5 3/4ton, 14boltFF,10bolt, 9"lift,35"boggers, 16.5x14 welds, big horse 406SBC/700R4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
  2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Feb 11, 2002
    Well its pretty simple really, its gonna be wheel cylinders or an out of round drum. Have you taken the drum off yet to look? Could always be a small leak or something.