Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Corporate 14 bolt full floater with disc brakes???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k9rescuer, Jun 8, 2002.

1. k9rescuer

k9rescuer Newbie

Hey, I've got an 85 K5 and I swapped out my weak 10 bolt axles for a Dana 60 up front and a Corporate 14 bolt in back. Both axles are from an '85 pickup and I was wondering if anyone has any info on a disc-brake setup for the 14 bolt full floater. I've noticed that Project UAV has disc brakes in the rear but I'm not sure if that's a late model 14 bolt or if it's a custom job. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

UAV is a custom job that used brackets made by individual persons.

You can get these brackets from the following:
    <font color="blue"> DERBINATOR
    45acp
    misfit </font color>

You can also get these brackets from other manufacturers, but expect to pay higher $$$ because they sell them as kits for options. Such manufacturers are:
    <font color="red">ORU
    TSM </font color>

3. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

I have done 3 axles with brackets made by 45acp and they were very high quality and fit perfect <font color="green"> </font color>

4. k9rescuer

k9rescuer Newbie

Hey guys, thanks for the info. Unfortunately I've never heard of the bracket makers you mentioned, 45acp, in particular. Could you possibly provide any more info such as a web address or phone number...etc. Again, thanks

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Just send a private message to those in the blue names. They will be glad to help you out.

Those in the red names you can check them out here: Off Road Unlimited and TSM Manufacturing.