Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Correct Interior Door Panels?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by darrel, Mar 29, 2002.

1. darrel

darrel Registered Member

Been looking at replacing my interior vinyl door panels on my 71 CST Blazer. All the panels I see in the catalogs for the 70-71 years have a wood and chrome molding strip embedded in them. My original ones dont have these strips, just black with imprint design. Are the Catalogs wrong or did the original owner of mine swap them out for 69 panels? Did the 71 panels with Wood/chrome strips only come on trucks?
    ------------------
    http://www.forsakenproductions.com/1971_K5

2. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

darrel
    Great question - my 71 GMC Custom Jimmy has the same style. Do yours have teh bowtie emblem? Mine have the scrolling, no emblem, wood or chrome.
    JB

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I do know that 72 had it's own style. In my case they are black with scrolling in the plastic and that is it. You may have a set of 72 pannels on there??

4. darrel

darrel Registered Member

Same thing. Just Black with Imprint. No Chevy symbol. I guess this means the ones in catalogs are not really exact reproductions?

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Burt,

I don't think they are '72 style.....only because the window regulator was changed in 1972 for the new door panels. I believe that the shafts for the door handle and window crank were lengthened to accomodate the thicker panel......so if you tried to put the '72 panels on an earlier style truck, you probably couldn't get the handles attached.

FWIW, I think the "woodpanel" inserts were just an option that could be added. Surprisingly, the original factory brochures do not show ANY interior pictures of door panels to help solve this mystery! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif