Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Correct Part #s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Oct 27, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

For anyone who looking for part numbers for 14ff U-joint straps it is Napa 492-10, and the Dana 60 Front is 329-10. The surprise on the D60 is it is not like the 10 bolt, at least not like the one from a 89 K5.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

That is some good info. I need to get a set for spares just incase I wipe one or 2 out with a u joint.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Sorry for giving you the wrong info on your previous post. I made an assumption that was incorrect. Thanks for the part #'s it will make my trip to NAPA a little quicker. Did the u-joint on the front drive shaft work on your 60?

Derf00

"A WISE MONKEY NEVER MONKEYS WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY."

4. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Yea, the u-joint was good, just that the strap needed to be a u-bolt type with nuts, instead of a flat strap w/ bolts. The NAPA guy was great, he just let me go through all his kits and find the one I needed. Oh, and no big deal with wrong part number man, at least I found it in one day, guess my luck is changin. LOL.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General