Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CORROLESS VS POR15

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DALE, Aug 31, 2000.

1. DALE

DALE Registered Member

HE GUYS SORRY ABOUT THE PICTURE ON MY LAST POST. I DON'T KNOW HOW IT GOT THERE. ANYWAY I WANT TO RUST PROOF THE UNDERNEATH OF MY TRUCK AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT USE PLEASE HELP.

SEE YAA
    "RIDNHI"

2. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

People that have photos of that kind dont post them by accident! If they do there not to with it!

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

What?!?

90K5

4. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

me no understand you post. You no so clear on what asking. No post bad pics no more.

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

5. stimpy

stimpy Registered Member

I\'ve had good luck with corroless

I have a 43 dodge carry all that i'm tweaking and I've use corroless on the whole thing so far no rust hast come
    back. I also use it on my Blazer. The key is to make sure you get as much rust off as possible, and use the
    thick stuff you paint on not the spraycan. The paint on stuff puts a really thick layer. Then I cover it with a good primer, and if it's the underbody or inside that you are working on I coat it with a layer of paint on bed liner. That
    pretty much stops all the rust right there unless you missed something along the way. I hope this helps.
    Stimpy

6. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I'm in the middle of undercoating my truck with POR-15 right now. It covers very well, a little goes a long way. You don't need to remove the rust at all, in fact it works best when the surface is rusty. You do have to remove paint though, it needs to go on the bare steel to protect it. Everyone I know that has used it loves it. One guy painted his rusty frame with it many years ago and it's still shiny black with no signs of rust anywhere (this is in western NY). It's really strong too, I coated the front of my hood before I painted it to protect it from stone chips. I really like the part about not removing all the rust, that saves a LOT of time.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

7. 89K5

89K5 1/2 ton status

I did the whole underneath of mine in Corolis. Sandblaster most everything away, coated with zinc, sprayed corolis, topped with gloss black krylon. Not one chip, not one piece of rust, the only difference after 2 years is that the gloss paint isn't so glossy anymore. But it still looks good. AND I drive on salted winter/spring roads!!!

8. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Just brining up to the top because thanks that wonderful picture the post kinda got off topic and Im think of getting corroless

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</A>