Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Corrosion prevention

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jarheadk5, Mar 28, 2000.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Saw a post in the accessories area about rusted parts and figured I'd (once again) throw my hat into the ring.
    The Eastwood Company ( www.eastwoodcompany.com ) sells a product called Corroless. It's a rust stabilizer and preventative solution. I've heard nothing but positive reaction from people who have used it. I'll be getting some for myself so when I replace my battery acid-rotted inner fenders, I can rustproof behind them. Eastwood sells all kinds of rust treatment/prevention supplies, so this is something all of us rustbucket...I mean, Blazer...nuts can use. Also, a company called CorrosionX Technologies ( www.corrosionx.com ) has a few good products. For the shooters among us, their products are supposed to be outstanding. The military is currently considering the original CorrosionX formula to replace CLP as the authorized small arms cleaner/lubricant.
    Okay, I've taken enough of your time. Happy rustbusting!!

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...

2. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

POR-15 works well also...as far as i can tell so far....been on since last summer. Most of My repainted spots actually survived the winter!!

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout