Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cost for regearing

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazin Ed, May 15, 2002.

1. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

I called Randy's Ring and Pinion this morning to find out how much they would charge to install 4.56's in my '88... They said I can expect to pay around $1300 for both front/rear.. I asked what type of LSD they would recommend and he said Eaton... Does this sound like the correct price out the door for gearing labor? How about the price for the Eaton?

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I just called Randy's R&P a couple of days ago to price 4.56's, and they gave me a price of $554+tax for the gears. To have them installed here (Oklahoma) is about $300 per axle. $1300 for the whole deal doesn't sound too unreasonable.

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Back when I was looking to have mine regeared, I found prices all over the board. I found as much as $700 per axle to as little as $250 an axle. If I recall, the norm was about $300 an axle. The front can be a little more expensive as it takes more time to remove the spindles and such. I also found they would charge a little less if the axles were out of the rig. But, from my standpoint, the savings wouldn't justify the work I would have to do to remove them.

After all was said and done, I ordered the master install kits and the various tools necessary from Randy's and did it myself! Learned a lot along the way as well.