Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cost of living/real estate

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NJBLZ, Apr 1, 2005.

1. NJBLZ

NJBLZ 1/2 ton status

2. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

depending on the neighborhood 125K to 225k in Atlanta.

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

its fing crazy here man. i live right near the beach and that house would prob go for a bit more here. its out of hand. im looking to buy too, so its not helping.

our financial guy at work says interest rates will be rising at least 2 points in the next 6 months, so prices should drop. we shall see

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Ouch!! Since there aren't much like that on the North end of Co Springs, can't say for sure. To the Souht of C/S, I'd say 165K-195K, depending on exact location. Oh yeah, and the taxes would be about 1/4 of that too.

5. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

That's about what it would be around here near Boston

6. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

My father builds houses. Well around here you're looking at $500K for a decent house with more than two bedrooms a garage and a acre of land.

It is out of control.

My dads doing well though, just bought a massive boat, new trucks every year. I wish he would let me take over his business.

7. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Here in IL, 120k to 150k depending on location. 300k to 400k around Chicago.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Deffently alot less then $622,729 !!! In a nice middle class neighborhood here I'd guess around $200,000 and back in Omaha, I'd guess aroung $125,000 to $150,000.

9. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Even for around here $622k seems pretty high for that house. $400-$500k would seem more likely. Still obescene....

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

600k if it was falling apart, close to a million if it was in *decent* shape in a good neighborhood. Completely updated $1.25 mil. That's in San Jose, where I live now it would probably go for around $500,000, that's in a bedroom community 85 miles from the Sillycon Valley.

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

steve (ck5steve aka the boss)
    is a realiter and had this cool link that will compare the cost of liveing and many other things between to cirys its really cool!

12. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

That's funny, well not really but there is no way in hell I would pay that much for that. I would buy out of state or somewhere else and commute if necessary.
    Check out the place we bought a few months ago. We paid $179k for it with 3 acres. Everything in the pics is ours
    http://community.webshots.com/album/232424499KxELiR

13. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Awesome... that would run about $200k in Wisconsin...

Undeveloped land here is about 2-3k per acre, but developed, it's about $25k per acre. My lot is worth 30k because of it's location... I got my house and an acre for $144k.

I plan to buy up about 80-200 acres up nort' in a few years... gotta get some equity into the house, and then I'll go all out. I found a 40 acre plot of wooded land for about $50k, but I don't have a dime.

14. Kim Can

Kim Can 1/2 ton status

Our place here in Canmore is a 1200 sq foot townhouse with a garage. They are currently going for $280,000. A house like that one in North Jersey would go for probably $600 here. A regular house (bungalow), around 1200 sq ft goes for at least $450K. It's ridiculous.

I just finished drooling over this place Big Pappa B! Looks gorgeous.

The prices in Canmore are ridiculous, but we have our 5 acres in BC as vacation property (2.5 hrs. away) that we got for $72K 3 years ago. Can't complain.

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

no bargains here....

The "median" price for an "average" home here in my area is 340,000 dollars!--up from 300,000 a year ago...crazy-- You can buy a "fixer upper" for 250,000--but anything less than that is in a crack house neighborhood,or has wheels.. :crazy: .A "buildable" lot sells for well over 100,000 bucks here per acre.. :frown1:

Taxes here suck too--we now have less than 2 acres,since my mom sold the house lot next door her and my dad swore they would "never sell"--until my dad was on his deathbed in the hospital,and she made him sign it over to her--anyway,we WERE paying nearly 4 grand for 4 acres,now its nearly 3500 just for the less than 2 acres and the house--we get NO rubbish collection(have to pay $50 for a "dump sticker and $1 per bag)-no town water or sewer(yet--that will cost 6 grand to tie in if and when they ever install it on our street)--no kids in school,we get NOTHING for our money,other than fire and police protection--thats IT!..

.I have no clue how all the yuppies can afford 600,000 manisions and BMW's and Humvee's here--they must sell cocaine or something--not many jobs here you can afford that kind of luxury on--maybe they were born rich-I dunno... :screwy:

Unless I get to live here after my mom passes away(uncertain)--I would love to get in my truck,fill the tank,kiss my garage and all I worked so hard for goodbye,thanks to my mothers selfishness--and get the F*** outta here,and kiss the 110 inches of snow we seem to get nearly every winter goodbye too!--I've frozen my butt off far too long here-

-I'd like to move south,maybe NC,SC,AK,TN,or maybe the desert southwest like AZ--I think its going to be very hard to find any cheap housing or real estate anywhere there is a place to work--I've looked online,TN,AK and MO have cheap prises,but no industry or bussinesses to work at nearby...doesn't look good for the ones who aren't "set for life" already.. :frown1:

16. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

depending on the neighborhood 125K to 225k in Atlanta.

agree with him but go west to alabama and will be less esspecially if not near a big town.

17. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

60 - 100K here in Sherman area, depending on condition.

I got 2300 sq ft, 4 bedroom, 2 bath, on 6.5 acres and a 30x40 shop out in the country for 180K last year...oh yeah, 2 years old, open floor plans, brick. :xmas:

18. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

For $622K you could buy a mansion on 20 acres where I live!!! Who the hell in their right mind would pay that much for a house? Are salaries extremely higher in places where housing costs that much? I fail to see what makes a ****ty 40 year old house in New Jersey worth over half a million dollars.

19. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I couldn't even begin to describe what you could get for that price within 100 miles of here.

In town, that would go for $150k or so...

20. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

Depending on the area, they could get close to that here in San Diego. I think the median price of a home is around $430,000 here.