Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cost to fix blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazentank, Sep 30, 2001.

1. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

It is going to cost $3500 dollors to fix the blazer. I think it is pretty good considering everything down to the motor mounts on the front has to be replaced. The cost includes all new body parts, all front left suspension/steering parts, crossmember, fixing the frame wich alone is $500, and the best part is i asked for the body shop to order me the 89/91 front grille and radiatior support instead of the 86 style one's and all parts are brand new, they are even going to fix the wiring for the headlights. And last but not least painting the front end it sounds kinda expensive but if you do all the math on all of the pats it is one hell of a good deal. We will probably do some of the work ourselves to lower the price but soon i will be back on the road better than ever.

2. blazentank

what do yall think, I know i could buy another blazer for that price. But i couln't find a 100% rust free blazer with a perfect body with beutiful paint from the doors back and perfect interior plus the $5000 we have put into it. Why should i stop now, I could never stop it is like a dieses. So any ways do yall think it is a good price i don't want to pay to much
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by blazentank on 09/30/01 02:37 AM.</FONT></P>

3. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Sounds about right for most shops that I've used.

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

That does sound like a good deal!

<font color=blue>Women should put pictures of missing men on beer cans...</font color=blue>
    Website link is in my profile [​IMG]

5. blazentank

They will probably start fixing next week, I hope.

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

What ever came of the whole thing where the lady was lying about the wreck... is her insurance covering this or what?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    &lt;&gt;&lt; PSALMS 23 &gt;&lt;&gt;

7. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Why not buy another Blazer for that price? And keep the interior out of your old one and other parts you could use. Up here there are rust free ones for sell you just have to have to wait for them to surface.

1984 GMC Jimmy 379 diesel, 700R4, 3.73s, 31x10.50 x 15<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Tybee on 09/30/01 05:40 PM.</FONT></P>

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Oh yeah, you mean Blazerbabe!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

<font color=red>I'm a "black top mudder"!!!</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy</a>

9. ChevyCaGal

LOL... no [​IMG] I was asking about the lady who hit him... she was looking at another wreck and then hit him... then she lied and said he turned out in front of her to the cop. Cop was her friend and went along with it... but a witness came forward and said they saw it. Anyhow I was curous to see how it's turned out... because I think that lady should be made to pay out her pocket. After all it's fake stories like hers that make all out insurance rates go sky high....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy

10. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I have saw pics of your truck and for $3500 I would say that is a very good price. Just make sure you do not take it from the shop and sign anything till you are completely satisfied with it. Also when it is done keep an eye out for uneven tire wear on the front. Also make sure all the gaps between the body panels are all equal and correct looking. Repairing a frame is not that big of a deal as long as it is done right.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

11. blazentank

They have a pretty good lie going there were three ladies following each other that go to the same church but they say they don't know each other. They all say they saw me run the red light and i have no way of proving the ladies wrong except by how the damage is on my car. Her insurance denied payment. It is my word against three older ladies against a 17 year old who would you believe.

12. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

That f***** up man, how about "they're old women, they can't drive"

----------------------------------
    soon to have a blazer/jimmy

13. blazentank

This my second wreck both were with 40 year old mini van mom's their crazy.

14. blazentank

crazy woman

15. ChevyCaGal

Is her insurance too dumb to even look at the damage? I swear there's no way she would have hit you there even if you did run the red light... unless you ran it after she went though the intersection and she threw it into reverse which makes zero sense... I thought you said you had a witness? All I can say fight it... find out what church she goes too and find someone who will say hey yeah they all know each other... people like her make me sick... there's a special place for them alright, and it's not in church... [​IMG]

Suck Fumes Ford Boy

16. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

If they try and deny you with payment, sue them in court.

If they are actually good people who love Jesus and God;

And they lie under oath....

Well, then figure it this way, its a small price to pay to watch all three of them go to Hell. :)

Just my two cents.