Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

COTTORA vs. ColoradoK5 in a little off road competition

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by CHARKTACO, Dec 1, 2001.

1. CHARKTACO

CHARKTACO Newbie

A few of us at COTTORA would like to invite ColoradoK5 to a friendly off road competition next spring!

You beat us online, but what can you do off road? :)

We will need a large trail as I am sure lots of trucks will show up... Maybe Seven Mile and Carnage Canyon??

What do you think?

Should be a fun run!

Shoot me an e-mail if you are interested
    c1chark@hotmail.com

See ya on the trail!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that might be a little far for me to go but i would be willing to do a challange here in oregon[​IMG] with your oregon chapter there are several of us here that im sure would love to take part[​IMG]

wheeling videoshttp://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Hey Charktaco, welcome to CK5 ! Post this in the main forum, probaly get more responces !

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Hollister Hills. it is the only place around me that can cover almost all aspects of 4 wheeling.

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

5. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

As we have two major runs next year I think it would make more sense to have several regional runs on the same weekend. Here in northern California (Bay Area) I'm sure there are some of your folks and the same goes for all other major areas. If we orchestrated runs in these major areas on th esame weekend that would be more practical. Here we have several places to meet at i.e. Rubicon, Hollister Hills and some good places around Fresno also.

David

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.extremeblazer.com>http://www.extremeblazer.com</a>

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'd go for the regional idea, personaly.

Are there any ground rules for this? who's allowed to play?

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

7. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Not that it matters but as for rules I say a factory front suspension should be one.Im tired of this"my taco is a far superior vehicle off road"crap ,but" I ditched the IFS cuz it sucked".Come to Ca. and Im game.

Some people shouldnt drive anything bigger than their head.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Hey FrizzleFry, got a question for you. What's a good place up in the mountains for a stocker to do a little wheeling, messing around in the snow?

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    "If I had wanted a plastic ride, I'd married Pamela Anderson."<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

was all of that directed at me?????

here's a hint: I'm on your side.

When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

No Jeremy...Chris was referring to the Tacoma's being a stock IFS rig.

So where does the stock front end limitation begin and end? My stock front end was an open 10 bolt with 2.73's...

As far as I know there isn't any money involved here and the invite was for some 'friendly' off roading. I think we'll likely find that the Taco and the K5 both do really well in the rough stuff. Just a different approach.

Anyhow, spring is geting closer and my truck ain't progressing. We'll see where the nearest run is and whether or not I can attend.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

k, I was just making sure. I'm already in a bad mood and brought some of the atitude here with me, sorry on the confussion Chris.

Rene your front is better then my stock dana 20 with closed knuckles,LMAO[​IMG][​IMG]

My friend has a Taco and the thing is desent off road, it just lacks in front flex...
    I was just checking on rules to see if the Willy's could come out and play or if it was for K5's...I just guess the Willy's is havening identity crisis(he doesn't know what he is...)

55 Willy's

12. FRIZZLEFRY

BRB,the snow is probably too deep right now but Bald Mountain is fun when it snows.Let me know if ya go.
    And 55willy,ya mentioned somethin about rules and I threw one out.Sorry,jeep and toy guys are startin to get on my nerves.

Some people shouldnt drive anything bigger than their head.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

13. FRIZZLEFRY

I should have said stock front end configuration.I was a little bent yesterday.A toy guy at the rental yard ran around my rig pointing out what he thought were the short commings of my rig.For example,"that rear susp. dont flex much"and"those tires and lift are too small".I just let him run around and reveal his stupidity to me.Then he went on by sayin he spent 3k lifting it and that "he" had 35" tires.He was an idiot.I just feel that if your rig is truly bad a$$ ya shouldnt have to run around tellin everyone.Ok,Im done rantin.Sorry yall [​IMG]

14. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i agree. If i could afford a 20k (or so truck) then rip its guts out and do a SAS, my K5 would be running a doubler, 454,63 in springs, etc. I look to the TTC in cases like these. The ORD Jimmy placed 2nd and the Toyota 7th.

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

15. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

I would be game for a moab meet up or maybe somewhere around Penrose. Bring on the Taco's

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

16. CHARKTACO

CHARKTACO Newbie

I will post this on the TTORA site and see if there is any interest!

17. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

I'm in for a little compitition!!! Penorse would be a great place!!!

18. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

19. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status