Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Could be getting 35s... How much would you pay??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PhoenixZorn, Mar 29, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I just went to that house that had the two blazers for sale in Watertown, and the guy is calling me back shortly with an answer to my question... the truck is selling for $1200 oBo, and it has BFG Mud Terrain A/T 35x12.5x15s on it... The tires look a bit worn on the inside tread, but have awesome outside tread left, about 3/4" left on the edges... There are no cracks or punctures, but it may only be the 4 tires, no spare... What would you guys think is a good price for me to offer the guy for the tires?

Conversation with the guy's wife went like this...

Me: Can you ask if he'd be willing to separate the tires from the truck?
    Wife: You don't need the tires??
    Me: No, I don't need the truck... =)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  2. PhoenixZorn

Got the story on the tires just now... They were driven for 5-6000 miles, and switched out for Thornbirds... Then switched back to the BFGs to sell the truck. I offered $200 for the 4 tires, and the guy said he might have another set laying around his garage... He'd have to think about the $200 for the tires on the truck since he'd have to change them over to a different set to give me them... He offered the rims too... 15x8s, which I already have, but what would you guys pay for the tires and rims?

The tires have sat all through the winter, and likely have flat spots, but they've been on soft ground the whole year the truck has been for sale.

3. PhoenixZorn

need to know soon guys... This deal looks better than ebay... and I've seen the tires up close... I'd be able to pick them up, take them to the shop, and have them mounted on my wheels while the engine is being put in.

4. PhoenixZorn

so many looks... so few replies... wait... no replies... please guys, I need input... is this a good deal or not?

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

$200 isn't bad, but if there is noticeable wear it may not be a great deal either. How much are they new? Might be worth it if they sell for around $200/tire new. If they're what you really want, go for it. Don't forget you'll have another $40-60 mounting and balancing.

I'm sure there is a local board there in AZ, I know in CO there is Colorado4x4.org and you can get great deals on tires there. For example there was one guy selling new 35" MTRs for about $500. Course then there is a guy selling 37" MTRs for more than new cost.

For some reference, I plan on trying to sell my 33" Dunlops with 15,000 miles for $150-200.

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

OK I'll bite, can't believe no response yet.

I would jump on that if he would go anywhere near $200 or even $300 on those tires with that little mileage. As far as the rims, if you don't need em don't get em, and tell him that.

Check to make sure their not all cracked and dry (maybe not such an issue in your area), but yeah, sounds like a good deal.

Oops, missed Scott's reply.

Found these on ebay:

boogers 35-14.50-15 :laugh: :laugh:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ry=66473&item=7963074779&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Hmmm, wonder how those boogers are in the mud?

7. PhoenixZorn

yeah, I looked at them close up... like 3 inches away, and saw no dry rotting or cracking in the sidewalls at all. Like I said, only 5-6000 road miles, and they don't look like they've ever seen the trail... they are radials, so I'll still be able to fly on the freeway without hitting the grooves. =)

I think I'll stick at $200 for the set... though I'll have to find a spare somewhere else...

8. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Are they the newer KM's? Or the old style mud terrains?

9. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

radials dont get flat spots do they? i thought olny bias got falt spots from sitting

10. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I think if they sit long enough they will. Especially if air pressure is low. However, I don't think it will take long for them to go away.

11. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

ive been told that new style radials dont flatspot over time. 20-30 years ago that was true, but nowadays with modern tire construction its not an issue.
    found this out when shopping for RV tires. used to be you wanted bias on an RV that sat for most of the year, not the case anymore.

for 200 if they are the KM's i'd definately take them. i think they go for about $160-170 ea. new. if he wants to give away the rims, and they are basically the same ones you've already got, then you could also save on mounting and balancing fees.

12. PhoenixZorn

Well... I have 5 lugs(I think), the rims that the 35s are on are 6 lug, so they are out to begin with... The guy wants $400.00 for the tires and rims, the rims are rusted to **** and don't look like they'd be able to handle a pot hole in the road, and after closer inspection, I noticed dry cracking at the bottom of the tires where they are sitting on the ground. I also found a 3/8" diameter plug in one of the tires... he said $300.00 without rims, and I said I'd think about it, which basically meant **** no...

13. PhoenixZorn

Nevermind... I'm a moron... I have 6 lugs, just like everyone else here with a 1/2 ton blazer.. heh